Chapter 8-Music To My Ears

*Wesley's POV*

"Dude, could I have some water?" I asked the doctor. He passed me a bottle of water, then continued writing stuff down. I took a huge gulp of water, sighing in relief as the cool water ran down my really, REALLY dry throat. I yawned, putting the water bottle down on the table next to me. "Yo, can I go to sleep?" The doctor nodded, leaving the room to let me sleep. This was a really chill doctor. If Quinn and I made it to Halloween, I would have definitely tried to get her to dess up as the nurse on the front of Enema of the State. Yeah, that'd be awesome. Life goals. My mind went foggy, and slipped into Wesland. 

*

I was on my board at an abandoned skatepark. Looking up, I  saw Quinn sitting at the opposite end of the park, on the rim of the bowl. I grinned, waving at her. Time to impress. I started towards the ramp next to the bowl, and got ready to do a flip in midair and land in the bowl. Suddenly, the bowl morphed into a swirling vortex. "Quinn, look out!" I yelled. As if defying physics or something, she still stayed sitting there. I landed right in front of her, one of my hands gripping the edge of the bowl. "Quinn, help!" my board fell into the pit of nothingness, disappearing into the darkness. She stood up and grabbed my hand, trying to help me up, but my hands suddenly slipped. It wasn't just Quinn there, but Keaton and Drew standing beside her, all with blank face expressions. The ledge I was holding onto melted into alcohol, dripping into the gaping hole, and I fell into the vortex, screaming my lungs out. 

*

I sat up screaming and drenched in sweat. A few papers suddenly flew onto my blanket. "Shit, you scared me, Wes."Quinn made a move to take the papers, but I picked them up, reading what was on them. Chords, scratched out lyrics, side notes, some bars of music. One set of lyrics scrawled under the bars caught my eye. 

"You would scream, we would fight, you would call me crazy

I would laugh, you were mad, but you always kissed me."

"Sorry Wes, you're gunna have to wait until the album comes out or hear it on tour just like everyone else to see our masterpieces." Said Quinn jokingly, taking the papers from my hands and tucking a pencil into her messy bun. She chuckled, but the only thing I could sense in her eyes was hesitation. "Did you write this?"

"It wasn't all me, the boys helped here and there with the melody." She said, putting the papers back in order. 

"Quinn, you're too modest. This stuff is amazing." She stayed silent for a little while. "Is it really?" She asked, a smile starting to grow on her lips. "It is. Come here." I sat up a bit, and extended an arm. She moved the plastic chair over to be next to me, and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "You need to start giving yourself credit. You got those guys from 2 subscribers to 20 million subscribers. Every track you produce with them is on replay on my phone." I turned red at the last confession. "Ok, I was NOT supposed to say that last one." She giggled, slightly snuggling into me. 

"Hey, Wes? Don't ever scare me like that ever again. I've been in this hospital for the past week, and the smell of disinfectant is relly getting to my head." 

"Woah wait, the whole week? I never saw you!" I felt so shitty. I should have definitely noticed her. She shrugged, biting her lip. "It's ok. I was out in the waiting room most of the time, since they had you in for questioning. Other times you were sleeping, so I got some lyrics down until you woke up." She took out a new sheet of paper, the pencil out of her messy bun, and stared at the sheet of paper intently. 

"Quinn, you're gunna have to stop biting your lip." She looked up at me confused. "Why?" Because you're driving me insane and I really wanna kiss you right now. "Let's just say I'm going to be trying to crawl out of the friendzone." Her eyes lit up. "Ooh, that sounds like a good lyric." She scribbled it down, tapping the pencil against her knee, deep in thought. She stifled a yan, and kept staring at the page. "You're tired, aren't you?" 

"Nope, not at all." She replied, shooting a smile at me. I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Quinn. And don't tell me the massive bags under your eyes are Gucci." 

I wish I could have her next to me, in this little bed with my arms locked around her waist, free to think of how lucky I was to have her, but I've got 99 problems, and being in the friendzone is about 10 of them. "Quinn, just take a 5 minute nap." She relaxed slightly in my arms. Well, arm. I waited for an answer, until I realised that she was asleep. I lightly kissed her on the cheek. "Goodnight, princess." I whispered. With my free arm, I traced patterns on her skin, occasionally stopping to play with her hair. 

Let's just say the nap was not 5 minutes. 

I spent the next hour or so reading the lyric-filled pages over Quinn's shoulder. She seemed to pour her soul into the words, some words in her delicate writing, others scrawled messily, as if she was scared to forget the thoughts. The words "Truth be told I care too much" were written in tiny print in a corner. Her phone buzzed with a text .

Jasperr :)>Quinn Beattie: Sry for late reply, Just got out of questioning.

Jasperr:)>Quinn Beattie: If Wes dosen't find out you like him back and you still wonder why you're sad without him, I'm not watching more chick flicks and eating ice cream out of the tub with you...

Jasperr :)>Quinn Beattie: ok maybe the icecream part

Jasperr :)>Quinn Beattie: But still, point is that you could probably have anything you wanted if you weren't too scared to go for it. For example, if he went through your drafts, you'd be screwed. Or actually he'd know so that would be good. I dunno.

I felt horrible for doing this, but I went to her drafts. 

Quinn Beattie>Wesley Stromberg: I'm at the Grammy's literally a few rows behind you and I'd give anything to start waking up in your arms every morning again.

Quinn Beattie>Wesley Stromberg: Rihanna and Beyonce just read that draft over my shoulder and said we should get back together oh my god this is so awkward two of the queens of music read my drafts jesus two of the queens of music talked to me im

Quinn Beattie>Wesley Stromberg: Everyone thinks I'm in the washroom with food poisoning but I'm actually still trying to get my mind off you except for ed sheeran who i bumped into on the way out and spazzed out and i started crying oh god I cried on Ed Sheeran my tears and makeup stained his suit and my stylists are gunna be mad I'm going straight to hell frick

Quinn Beattie>Wesley Stromberg: Confession: I think I miss you too much to be over you. 

I think I just mentally won the lottery. 

I was so happy that I wanted to scream, shout, yell, cry, hug someone, and I felt the happiest person in the world. This was happening. I needed to get Quinn out of her shell, and this could actually work. I had a chance, and that made me ecstatic. 

The door opened, and Keaton and Drew bounded in. "Hiya bro! Wassu-" I glared at them, putting a finger to my lips and the phone back in Quinn's bag. Drew looked at Quinn, and smirked at me. "Yes Wesley! That's my boy!" He whispered, before dragging Keaton out and slamming the door. 

Quinn stirred in the crook of my arm. I ran my thumb along her cheek gently, and she smiled in her sleep. "Confession time, Quinn...I'm not over you." I whispered. Her eyes fluttered open, and she sat up straight, leaving my bare arm cold. "Wait, what?"

Oh, shit.