The Monster Inside

The Monster Inside

I lay awake for hours wondering where I went wrong. Was it something I said or something I did? I have always been loyal to you, so why did you abandon me? For her? The beeping sound for my alarm goes off telling me that it is time to start the day. Although, I could have guessed that by the light filtering through my windows. The sunrise is the brightest part of my days anymore, and even then, it still seems dark and lonely without you.

I stagger on my feet and proceed with my morning as I usually would. It's strange though, everything seems so empty and helpless without you here. Every motion seeming so mechanical and automatic. It's like I'm not even human anymore.

I can feel it when I see you with her--I don't feel pain, I feel hollowness inside me. Empty tears caused by empty promises begin gliding down my soft, plastic cheekbones as my heart turns to stone. I now wake up in the morning with a burning anger and desire for blood. My eyes become dry and my words are meaningless. I can't feel my heartbeat, and the skies are now grey. Days blend together and the voices in my mix and begin to control me, my thoughts and my actions. All remorse is gone. All because I fell for you. This is the monster you have created.

~

6/16/17/Fri(6)