Detention

March 18th - 1976

The next full moon came too quickly for the group and their new companion. Aurelia didn't seem to be around much but she did talk to the boys when she could. The group seemed completely occupied trying to figure out who the white wolf could be.

Remus had told the other boys to be extra careful when doing things around teachers since the full moon was that night. But, Sirius, Peter and James being Sirius, Peter and James did not follow his demands and pulled a prank on Professor Slughorn. Aurelia felt slightly sorry for the professor since he's never been mean to them in his life. Even Lily had been slightly upset since she was in Slughorn's club.

The three boys had gotten detention with Hagrid the gamekeeper that night. And since Aurelia had been laughing at the prank they pulled and even kept Slughorn distracted while they fulfilled it (though not on purpose) she had gotten dragged down with them.

"Just go to the shearling shack and lock yourself in, you should be okay," James spoke to Remus as they walked through the hall.

Aurelia and Sirius walked in the back, listening in on the conversation. Remus was angry though, "I specifically told you guys not to do anything and that's exactly what you do!"

"How were we supposed to know that Slughorn would give us detention? He hasn't ever given a detention in his life," Sirius piped up in the back. In an instant, Remus turned and they were face to face, Remus breathed heavily.

Aurelia stood next to them and instantly put her hand on Remus' shoulder, "Moony, it's not good to get worked up before a transformation. It's the full moon," she spoke softly. Her voice calmed him but not enough, he yanked his shoulder from her reach and stormed off, muttering a 'I'll see you in the morning'.

"Great going, boys," Aurelia spoke, glaring at James, Sirius and Peter who now stood around her.

"Sorry," Sirius muttered, still shocked on how fast Remus had turned on him.

"Come on," James spoke sadly, looking outside and seeing it begin to get dark, "were going to miss our detention."

"What even do we do at detention with Hagrid?" Aurelia asked causing all three boys to shrug.

"Don't know, probably pull weeds or somethin'," Sirius answered, a light smile on his face as Aurelia laughed.

It wasn't pulling weeds though. Hagrid met them outside his hut with a crossbow and his dog, Fang. "You've got to be kidding me.." Sirius said as they walked down and saw the gamekeeper in front of them.

Aurelia wanted to freeze in place, already knowing that this whole situation was going to end badly. Hagrid saw the kids' worried faces and he judged shrugged, "Don't you worry, were just going in to make sure everything is in order," he gestured towards the Forbidden Forest.

Aurelia chuckled slightly, "But it's forbidden to go in there, isn't it? That's why it's called the Forbidden Forest.."

Hagrid only chuckled and began walking, "Its only forbidden to students without an escort. They just tell you that to scare you into not going. It's really not that bad... it's simply a place for dangerous creatures to live," he went on as the four students followed behind him, "but most of them are quite nice once you get to know them.."

"Quite nice? Hagrid, Acromantulas live in there," Aurelia spoke, obviously having done her reading on magical creatures.

Hagrid smiled down at her, "Don't you worry 'bout them. I raised their leaders from a babe, he's no worry to you four—"

That's when they heard it, a loud yet distant howl. Sirius looked as thought his ears physically perked up at the noise, turning his head to where it came from. Even Hagrid begin to look nervous about the noise, "hm.. that's new," he thought out loud. The three boys looked around at each other, all mouthing 'it's remus' to each other.