Neo (Rwby)

A/n: So I wrote this at like 2am and I'm a like lowkey high.

Also I haven't watched rwby since season 4 ended so like I'm just writing from memory cause I'm too lazy to search up everyones names or something.

~°Perfect Circle°~

"Stop trying to be a perfect circle." I hissed; spitting a small amount of blood mixed with saliva on the cold cement floor of the pub. She looked at her freshly done manicure and then at me with disinterest for a split second. She effortlessly looked so flawless. She'd go through a ruthless fight against who knows what and not a single stain of anything would coat her skin or clothes. 

She didn't even have to say a word to make someone fall for her, she simply existed. A crisp smile graced her face as she looked down at me with in superiority. 'What the heck.' I thought.

I envied her really. Why did she of all people have to be perfect? Roman absolutely adored her and everyone else would bow to her without hesitation. Not even an entire team of huntsmen could probably match her poise moves. She would swiftly take out all of them with her captivating movements. I wonder how she did all of that; maybe if I were more like her I wouldn't be some deadbeat rag to our cause.

I just laid there and shut my eyes. Why did I even try to one up her, it's as if I'm some kind of creepy masochist following her around and challenging her to futile things that just waste her time. I opened my eyes again and glanced at her, trying to find at least a slight hint of sympathy in her cold stare. To no avail I yanked myself upwards, everything in my entire god forsaken body ached now. Why am I such an idiot.

I looked down on her, I was significantly taller than her and yet it felt like I was the size of a bean compared to her. How could I be so inferior? I laid out my hand in search of a truce. I noticed reluctance in her movements and yet like always she gleefully gripped my hand with an unnecessary amount of strength. 

I tried to release myself from her grip but she insisted on stretching out the handshake; massive beads of sweat began to lace my forehead. "Let go." I pleaded, getting nervous about the thoughts that inhabited her mind. Last time she pulled one of these I was flipped onto the nearest bar table; breaking both the table and my pride.

She let by hand go and recoiled, "Are you alright?"  I asked. 

My concern was rising, her actions were quite abnormal. It wasn't like her to lose herself in thought. But who am I to judge, I practically absorb a new negative trait from someone on a daily basis.

"Neo, are you alright?" I asked again. Although she was looking at me its as if she was looking at something completely different. Its as if she was trying to remember something but couldn't put her finger on it. "Excuse me?" I asked again. 

She subtly licked her lips and gulped. Her eyebrows slightly furrowed. I wish she talked at times like these but of course she keeps everything to herself, no matter how drastic; in fact, she never talks. She's always silent and it pisses me off. Sometimes I just wish she'd accept my unnecessary help, so then I know I at least tried to help. I know it's selfish and solely for self satisfaction but I don't care. 

I went into her field of vision and tried to get her attention once again. Her once seemingly entranced self dissipated and she kept up her usual self. "Are you okay?" I asked her again.

She only smiled; but her face was obviously laced in moderate fear or hurt. But why? 

"You're not okay, are you?" I asked again, "How can I help you." I extended my arm in help and put it on her shoulder. She swiftly brought her hand up and I pulled back before she could slap my hand off. 

"Look, I can't help you if you don't tell me what the matter is. You always do this; and don't start with me when it comes to personal matters. You always try to solve everything on your own and..." My voice climaxed and I was at a lost of words. "I don't know. I can't sympathize with you and you just make me feel even more useless than Roman. Just work with me this one time." 

She looked at me with pity for the first time; her dumb signature crooked smile still on her face. She didn't even need to speak, I just learned from being around with her constantly how to read her facial expressions and translate them into plausible responses to me.

"I don't want to let it go," I whined.

Her smile faltered a little bit. I forcefully grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me boldly. I knew she could slap me off her at any moment yet I persisted; I wouldn't get anywhere if I didn't at least try. 

"Help, me understand you," I paused, struggling to find words that wouldn't offend her. "You can't always be a perfect circle."

I averted my eyes, I've never sounded this intelligent or had advice that wasn't highkey absolute crud. Suddenly I came to a realization that I forgot occurred.

"Are you on your period." I asked.

Her eyes widened and her smile became strangely more crooked than normal. As if she used that excuse for a plausible scapegoat she hastily nodded. "I see," I replied; not wanting to go deeper into her personal life. She could've just used it to escape my grip or make me leave her alone. 

"Sorry,"  I added. If her period was the case of her strange behavior than I regret everything. Making such a big deal over something so small.

~°O°~

So um, that had like a limited amount of fluff, but I was too lazy to write anymore.