Chapter Five - Unexpected News

Time To Step Up @ Boarding School

~***********************~

Chapter Five

~***********************~

Unexpected News

~************************~

I don't know when I'm going to visit Paul, I don't know where the hospital is, actually. I did ring, after borrowing the Yellow Pages from Samantha. The doctor says he's having a drugs test and blood test, checking for any illnesses or doses and such. They're doing everything they can... I'm the one hwo's paying the hospital bill.

I hardly slept last night, counting sheep does not help, neither was thinking about my deceased loved ones... I thought about dancing, imagining I was in a deserted dance studio and I was dancing underneath my own spotlight. It worked... at four o'clock in the morning.

I've only just remembered that I have am mini fridge, because I groaning about how hungry I was. It was full of healthy snacks and energy drinks such as Lucazade. Russell would want me to keep fit and healthy to carry on with my dancing... I wish he hadn't quit.

Today is when I joined lessons, but I need to know what lessons I've got, firstly. I'm picking my GCSE lessons, I have to do Maths, English and Science, including R.E/Citizenship. I am definitely doing P.E... Um... I'm okay with Performing Arts, it's fun and includes dancing, sometimes, usually, I think.... Engineering! I got awesome results at my last high school... Before I went to Ireland and my crew was taken away from me.

"Done!" I handed Samantha the form of my lesson options.

"Righty then, I'll get this copied and printed into you homework diary, and the Headmaster needs a word with you, so, don't worry about being late to your first lessons." Samantha said, honestly, she prefers to be known as Samantha rather than Miss Barnes, it makes her sound 'old', so she says.

Seated in front of Russell's desk, I was slouched with my legs a part, un-lady like, right? I was twirling my hat on my finger listening to every tick and every tock banging on the clock on the wall.

The door opened, and Payton walked in and sat in the seat next to me and was looking nervous for some reason. I guess he had never been sent to the Head before.

"Good morning, Headmaster Stone." Payton said.

Russell nodded at him and gave him a kind smile. He sat up in his chair and cleared his throat.

"Okay, the reason why you two are here because your mother has been keeping a secret from the both of you." He was looking at both of us... Which mother is he talking about? "You both have the same eyes... Who is Catherine Mason?"

"My mum." I said, at the same time as Payton had just said, 'My mother'.

I looked at Payton, who looked at me. His eyes are the exact same as mine.

"Uncle, are you sating..." I couldn't find anymore words to finish my sentence.

"Payton, Kayla... You're half brother and sister."

A lump formed in my throat and I looked at Payton again,  who was looking down, crying. Touched, I got off my chair and crouched down to Payton's level and pulled him into a hug, letting him cry on my shoulder. He held onto me as he calmed down.

"I can't believe mother had kept this from me... Does that mean she had cheated on my father?" Payton asked.

"No." I said, and Payton looked at me, "Mum-" Remembering she doesn't want me to call her that, "-Catherine was with my dad since high school, after she had me, she left my dad straight away, leaving me and my dad, she was pregnant then and then she married your dad and had you."

"There's ten months between you." Russell told us, "Kayla's birthday is 30th November, and your birthday is?" He was questioning Payton.

"28th August, sir." Payton answered.

Russell nodded, "Now, Kayla, shall we tell him about... You-know-what?"

I thought about it, Payton looks like someone we can trust and I have a good feeling about him, knowing that he is loyal.

I shook my head though, "Not yet, I'm not ready... but... Payton," he looked at me, "The headmaster is my uncle, my real name is Kayla Stone, I told you that it was Staines for a reason I am not ready to tell you yet."

Payton and I had very unexpected news today... We're brother and sister, he learned that his mother had cheated on my dad and that I have told him a lie about my name, and also my uncle is the headmaster... Payton had the most shock this morning.

This had been a very unexpected morning...

------------------------

Author's notes: I know it is short, but this is a very important chapter...

And I also need a celebrity for Chase, Payton, Gina and Russell... Please help me and give me ideas, thank you... <3 Comment and vote... <3