Chapter 18//Golden Buzzer PT. 2

Chase's POV:
   I was mad at Bree a little. She would have known the answer and hit the buzzer before The she-devil Stephanie did! I thought she loved one direction. And I'm never wrong. We glared at each other the rest of the game.

     We lost at 12 to 83 points. And all because of her! All of the times I pushed the gold buzzer, I got the answer right. Well, twice, but Perry's questions didn't make any sense what so ever.
Bree's POV:

       None of this would have happened if Chase got the answers right. Instead of having a fun time with my brother and kind of boyfriend, I just had a dreadful and a little sweaty time with an annoying no-it-all. Or so he thinks!

     After the game show was over, Chase and I went to the drinking fountains to get water. I folded my arms and argued, "Chase! What happened back there?" He got a drink then looked up at me. "You tell me! None of this would have happened if you pressed the buzzer and had the right answer!" He yelled. "Hey! It's not my fault I don't have all superior intelligence like you! Oh, wait." I yelled back. He moved and I got a drink. "What, 'oh, wait'?" He asked. I gulped down the cold, chilly water. "If you did have superior intelligence, we would have won!"

     We argued back and forth for a few minutes until we were broken up by Mr. Davenport, "Guys! This arguing has to stop!" He both looked at him. "How long were you standing there?" I asked him. He raised his eyebrow and said, "For about six Daven-minutes. Yes, finally a situation for me to use that!" Chase and I both rolled our eyes. "Now get in the car, we're going to have a talk." I shrugged and followed Chase and Davenport to the car in the parking lot.

/•\

It's been a week since we last talked to each other. And I'm not complaining. Sure I do miss talking to him, he's my brother and my best friend and maybe even my boyfriend. The thing is, even though he is all of those things, it's rare that he is all of them at the same time. Right now he's more of an annoying brother. Through the whole week he's been an annoying brother. Even though he is an annoying brother, I still like him. I have no idea why, but I still like him. When I make him angry, his face is just so......adorable? Not like boyfriend adorable, like little brother adorable. Okay, maybe some boyfriend in there.

I have to apologize and make this right. I like him more than just a brother, and people in a relationship like that don't just ignore and avoid each other every where they go. Except for if you're in that relationship with a brother. Then it's kinda what you do.....
But anyway, I have to apologize.

//Chase's POV

Bree won't even talk to me since we argued in the school. Well, I guess it's okay because I haven't spoken to her either. I have to apologize. I like Bree and she likes me. This is the only relationship with a girl I'll probably get in five years! But if I apologize, she should too.

On another subject, when I make fun of her or make her angry, her face is just so........adorable? I mean, sure, doing those things are rude, but it's what little brothers are for. And I don't mean sister adorable, I mean girlfriend adorable. Maybe a tiny bit of sister in there, but she still is my girlfriend.....right?

/•\

I finally got the nerve to face her and I put down my video game controller. I got up and Adam asked, "Hey where are you going? We're about to pass this level!" I glanced at him. "Sorry Adam, I have to apologize to Bree," Adam understood and continued playing. Bree was on the back terrace eating ice cream. This was my chance.

//Bree's POV:

I decided to do whenever a boy rejects me, ignores me, ya know the feeling, right? So I got some ice cream and headed for the terrace. I had to think of what to say before I'm ready to speak to him.

After five minutes, my face was covered in cold chocolate cream that I was struggling to lick off. I heard foot steps near the door, so I hurriedly wiped my face off with my sleeve. Oh dang it! I'm wearing white!

"Bree?" I heard a deep voice say. I turned around and stood up and decided to say, "Chase, I don't know what to say. I was wrong. Perry's questions were brutal and I didn't mean to call you out for it." He put his hands in his pockets. "Me too. I didn't know what I was doing, and I'm sorry," he apologized and I hugged him for a little while. "I'm sorry too," I said while we were in a tight embrace. "So, does that mean we're still a thing?" Chase asked and we released each other. "I hope so," I replied and pecked his cheek. He blushed and smiled. Even though he's cute when he's mad, he's even more cute when he's happy. It makes me feel happy that I made his rage become love, that makes his expression priceless. I'm glad Chase and I aren't arguing anymore. After all, he is my brother, we have other times to argue.

A/N:
Sup, fishies! I hoped you liked this chapter, cause this and the last one were a little triggering, but I hope the cute ending made up for it! I can't wait until we get to the point of the second book. Almost there! Also, a reminder, this is book one of a three or more part series. So, I hope your in the mood for reading, cause it will be reoccurring a lot. Bye bye fishies!
~MJ💚