016

HERMIONE
"Pleasure."

Hermione was that star of the night, especially with such a grand entrance. All eyes were on her and whispers seemed to buzz in the air at her beauty. Draco's reaction was more rewarding, as his mouth was slightly open and Hermione could finally comprehend what he was feeling. He wasn't blank like every other day.

She descended the stairs and walked up to Draco who held out his hand and she gladly took it. She smirked and looked around, seeing Harry, Ginny and Ron looking on. Ginny was dazzling in her own dress but was smiling at Hermione's own look. Harry and Ron were subtly impressed, Harry more than Ron because of the smirk he held. Ron held the bitter look that Hermione was familiar with, but the corners of his lips were slightly turned up.

The music started to play, and Draco pulled her in closely, gripping tightly like he was going to lose her. She had kept him waiting long enough, but Hermione was more than sure that she wasn't going to leave him alone. Leaving behind someone as fragile as him was more than cruel, it would've been like casting the crucio curse upon him.

His lips lowered to her ear, warm breath prickling her bare shoulders. "I don't have any words to explain it" he whispered.

"Try" Hermione replied, a blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Any word will do."

"That's the thing. Any word wouldn't compare to how beautiful you look."

Hermione giggled and smiled, feeling ecstatic with just being close to him. his arms around her and finally being shown off in front of the school was like letting bricks fall off their shoulders, giving them the freedom to fly away together.

Soon others joined in and everyone was spinning around, robes flying in the air with the hair of the beautiful girls. Each and every person looked like they were dressed to see the muggle royalty, especially the girls with gowns of silver and black. Hermione was the only one in green. All eyes were on them, but the attention never smothered the passion between them.

Hermione and Draco's foreheads were pressed together with their breath tickling each of their noses. The whole night felt as if it was only them dancing amongst willowing trees; Everyone's bodies were tall and stiff as the pair glided between them.

The song finally ended and the two slowly pulled away, but their hands never separated.

"Care for a refreshment?" Draco asked Hermione. She blushed and nodded her head, letting Draco guide her over to a nearby table. She twiddled her fingers in bashful greetings to others she knew, but stopped when Cormac was loitering near the very same table, Katie merely a couple of meters away gossiping with some of her friends. He looked alone, until he laid eyes upon Hermione and Draco.

"Miss Granger" he gasped, looking over her like an eagle eyeing off his prey. Hermione felt shy from his watch, and violated, nonetheless. "What a beautiful emerald princess you look tonight."

Hermione wanted to simply walk away and hide behind a large decoration, but luckily Draco jumped to her rescue. Every time Cormac attempted to flirt with Hermione and never accepted her dismissal of his presence, Draco swooped in relieve Hermione of her uncomfortable situation. He was the prince that was needed and the chivalry that was rare among Hogwarts boys.

"I see you attended with Katie" Draco pointed out. "I am sure she'd love to have a dance with you."

Cormac's mouth opened to reply, but a cold glare scared him enough to go and drag Katie off towards the dancefloor. Finally, Hermione could breath and was thankful for Draco's rescue.

"Can never seem to leave you alone" Draco joked, picking up a flute of clear coloured liquid. "I perfectly see why."

A giggle from Hermione left a millimetre grin on Draco's lips.