Ch. 3: My Dorky Clown

{Laura's POV~}
"Ow ow ow ow ow." Ross flinches as I dabbed at his swollen eye.

"You did this to yourself. I tried to stop you." I said, trying not to show that I did actually feel sorry him.

"Well if he hurts you, I hurt him. I don't care how many times he punches me in the face." He replies and I blush from all his sweetness.

"Ross you have bruises everywhere." I say checking over his body.

"I'm used to being banged up." He sighs.

I sighed and gave him a hug, "Your such a sweetheart ya know that." I said into his shoulder. I feel him nod and I pull away. I study his badly swollen eye. It really bothered me that I'm the reason he decided to fight in the first place.

"Laur, if you think I'm in bad shape, you should see the other guy." Ross says proudly.

"But I don't care about the other guy." I say jumping up on the bathroom counter with him.

He smiles at me, "Thanks for making my boo boos better." He says in a sweet baby voice and I cracked up laughing.

"Anything for my baby." I replied kissing his forehead.

Someone began pounding on the bathroom door. I had totally forgotten that we were still at the party.

"Who's in there! I've been waiting out here for almost an hour!" Some guy hollered.

Ross and I exchanged smiles.

"We should probably get out of here." Ross suggests and I nod. He jumped off the counter. I hold out my arms gesturing for him to grab me. He playfully rolls his eyes and picks me up off the counter.

"Thanks babe." I whispered in his ear.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"So what are you gonna do about Randy?" I asked as we were driving back to my house.

"Nothing. Laur, we're enemies now. I can't forgive him for making you feel sad." Ross replies.

"But you guys are team mates...best friends." I sigh, beginning to feel guilty.

"Not anymore." Ross says turning into my short paved driveway.

I decided to just drop it. "Thanks for the ride."

"Thanks for being the best girlfriend in the world."

I smile and we both lean in for a kiss. Ross caresses my cheek as our kiss turns into a short makeout session.

"Laura!" I heard my dad yelling. Oh great. Ross and I pull apart and I see my dad standing on the front step angrily. Dad doesn't like Ross. I don't know why. Who could not like Ross? He's a sweetheart.

I sighed, "Night."

"Night. Sleep well baby." Ross whispers back. I really wanted to kiss him again. I got out of the car and Ross drove away. I turned towards my dad who was still standing there angrily.

"Laura I told you to be home by ten. It's almost midnight!" Dad scolds me.

I roll my eyes annoyed. "Sorry dad, but there was an incident and I couldn't leave right away." I tried to explain.

"An incident! What kind of incident?" Dad mocks me. Determined to know every detail.

If I tell him Ross got into a fight he will just hate Ross more.

"Ashley fell into the swimming pool so I had to go all the way to her house and help her change. Then we went back to the party and it was past ten so Ross took me home." I said quickly, hoping he'd believe it.