Ch. 14: Maybe She Cares

{Laura's POV~}

Jackson smiles at me. Obviously fawned about what I had told him to do. That's the only reason I'd ever go out on a date with him. I can't get revenge on Ross myself, so why not have someone do it for me. Yes it's a cruel thing to do, but I feel it needs to be done.

"That can be done." Jackson smiles evilly.

My lips curve up into a devilish smile, "Okay and once you get that done I'll go on a date with you."

"Then it's certainly getting done today. I'll pick you up tonight at seven." Jackson says, a head high in confidence. I really hope it's not that easy. The truth is I'm in love with Ross. I'm really hoping he can kick Jackson's ass instead then there's no need for a date. I'm counting on Ross, but I'm sure he can beat Jackson in his sleep.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{Jackson's POV~}

After waving Laura off to class I set out to find Ross. This is going to be easy. Then I can have Laura to myself. I just need one date, one date to prove to Laura that I'm better than Ross. She's sure to fall for me.

Finding Ross was not a problem, we have the same PE class. The boys' locker room is the perfect place to beat someone up.

His gym locker is only five away from mine with no one using any in between.

"Hey Ross." I greeted him as he took his shirt off to replace it with his gym shirt.

"What do you want Jackson?" He questioned me.

I shrugged, "Can't a guy just chat with a friend?"

Ross looks at me weirdly, "I heard you talking to Laura this morning."

I just about choked, he heard us? Dammit!

"Oh well in that case..." I trailed off before throwing my fist at his nose. I don't know how he did it but he managed to see it coming fast enough and duck right before my fist made contact with his face.

Ross looks at me as if to say 'bring it on'.

I threw my arm at him again, and once again he dodged it. I saw his knuckles right before they hit me right between the eyes, knocking me off my feet.

Stumbling, I regained my balance and managed to stand back up. This time when I punched, I actually hit him. I hit his collar bone and I swear I heard it crack. But hey, I'm pretty sure I've got a broken nose and two black eyes.

Ross stares at me and then his collar bone before tackling me onto the floor.

Everyone watched as we practically killed each other on the floor. It wasn't until ten minutes later that someone ran for help. By now Ross and I were both dripping with blood and sweat.

"What is going on here!" A voice booms.

Mr. Glyne and Mr. Hodge stormed in, pulling us apart and holding us back from tearing each other in half.

Ross was panting heavily and his hair was sweaty. He probably wouldn't have stopped until he'd killed me.

Both of us were dragged into Mr. Glyne's office. He was the principle.

Mr. Glyne took a seat behind his desk as Ross and I sat down in front of him.

"What was that all about? You two should know better than to fight like that. I've always looked at you both as some of the top athletes." He scolded us. His dorky looking eyebrows made me want to crack up.