Chapter One

Chapter One

•••••••••••••••

I raised my slender hand and curled my fingers inward. A small grey shadow was cast across the wooden wall, mine's wouldn't show due to me being a creature of Darkness, or so thy say. With my spare hand, I removed my heavy emerald pendant from my neck and began speaking in a Demonic language inaudible to the human ear. Green sparkling swirls were coming off of the beautiful gem, the brilliant colour of green began to fade until all the magic was out of the small confined place it was held. The gem went a colourless white then went see through.

"Rise upward, I cast my soul and existence into the night to raise Hell." I called to the night.

There was a howl the distance.

"Do you here me?" I asked the howl.

It returned another howl, a small little bat like creature named a Wilder crawled onto my window ledge. It howled again.

"Do you want my help?" I asked it softly.

It nodded it's head and it's bright green eyes shined with a devilish quality.

"Are you sure? I was calling a Walker demon, not you." I frowned and scratched the furry creature behind it massive ears.

It purred with pleasure.

I smiled and scooped it up into my arms, quickly I looked down to see the sex of the little thing. It was a boy, I was going to name him Starr. Very carefully I lay him onto my bed as a deep voice called for me.

"Rosalie Simmons?" It called.

"Present," I called back and scratched the Wilder's stomach. It purred.

"Princess May wishes to speak with you, little one." The voice continued. It was for cold and unfeeling. "Come."

I shook my head at the name, the fake name that this total cow goes by. She used to be Tatiana but changed it after being crowned the Light Princess, Tatiana is a Dark name for a barer of the Light. I quickly assessed my condition before yanking open the heavy glass door to my room. A tall cloaked figure stood in the stairway, it stared at me and lifted the hood from it's head. The face was a skull with long auburn hair, it's eye sockets empty. It gestured with a gloved hand for me to follow it. We walked into the sitting room, Princess May sat demurely on my sofa. She wave her hand for me to bow to her but I stood still.

"You must bow to me Rosalie." Princess May hissed.

"Over my dead body! You go by May now? God, what happened to Tatiana?" I smirked and plonked myself down onto an armchair.

"Rosalie! Bow!" The Princess screamed at me.

"Nah." I shook my head slowly.

"NOW!" May screamed and threw out her hands.

I was thrown and pinned to the ground by golden ribbons of magic. May's forehead glistened with sweat, the mutated person stood by her side and watched. My lips twitched with some other sarcastic comment but I did not say anything, very carefully I pulled a knife from my boot. I poised it and threw it so it pinned May to the wall behind her. A coarse scream came from her as I stood up and her magic dissolved into gold glitter.

"Watch what the Hell you are doing in my house!" I shouted at the blonde Princess.

"I own the land it is on!" May fired back.

"I pay the damn taxes on it so your kingdom has money you stupid mare!" I screamed and pulled the knife from May's sleeve. "Get out of here before I pack up and leave."

"You'd die if you left."

"That's the general idea." I snapped back.

"Hmm?" May pushed me down onto a chair. "I have important matters to discuss with you."

"Oh yippee!" I sighed and twirled a strand of cherry read hair through my fingers. "Do you want me to stay locked up in here for another twenty years?"

"No."

"The. What the Hell do you want?"

"You to raise Satan."

"Ha!" I snorted and doubled over laughing. "You can't be bloody serious!"

"I am. We need the assistance of his greater power." May shook her head.

"Why can't you raise him?"

"Because I am not allowed to."

"Why?"

"Because I'm the Princess of the Light, not the Dark! That is your job!"

"You wish. You're forgetting that I am on no side! You guys are the ones that banned me."

I looked into May's pale pink eyes which gazed into my soul. Her hands were now on my shoulders, she quickly dropped them to her side and gripped the yellow fabric of her dress' skirt.Very gently I kicked her shin and then jumped onto her back, she fell to the floor. "Get out of my house!" I hissed so her mutated guard lifted her from under me and walked her to the door.

"There's a reward if you're interested, to get a side." May calls back. "Think about it."

"Get lost!" I hissed.

They then left.