Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

•••••••••••••••

We sat on the sofa with tea mugs in our hands as May explained to us the HUGE uprising her Side. I sipped on the steaming tea and it felt like acid burning down my throat. My stomach was churning as I processed the information, Satan lowered his head and frowned. May placed a tender kiss on Satan's cheek and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"So you need to marry this guy?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes," May said looking into Satan's eyes. "Hey, at least you'll marry me to keep me safe, but it won't be enough! You need to learn to fight."

"I can fight..." Satan whispered.

"Rosalie is handy with a knife." May whispered into Satan's ear. She gave a small smile and laughed.

"I'm not that good." I muttered and drained the tea from my cup. "I'm okay."

"I've had the pleasure of seeing it myself." May giggled an sat on Satan's lap.

"As have I." Satan nodded and looked over at me. "In the kitchen, cutting up chicken."

I snorted and placed my cup down. "Satan's strong, a great bodyguard!"

"Yes, he is." May stared adoringly into Satan's eyes. "I'd better go, Satan will you train Rosalie for the battle?"

"Yeah,"

May jumped off of Satan's lap and disappeared into thin air. She didn't even create a spare room for her future lover! Urgh, yuck. She's too sweet to stomach sometimes. I got off of the seat and collected in the cups, I knew Satan was staring at me. He walked over and took my chin in his hands I was forced to stare at him. Not that it was much of a punishment though, his eyes bored into me.

"You tried to kiss me earlier." Satan whispered. "Why?"

"I- I..." I stuttered and finally got to grip with my words. "I don't know."

"Rosa..." Satan murmured. I was growing fond of his nickname for me. "I wish..."

"You wish?" I whispered noticing how close we were.

"I wish... That you did." Satan said and looked me in the eye. "I think I love you."

"Really?" I gasped and bit down on my lip. "We just met..."

"If you are alone forever then you make relationships quickly." Saran breathed and got closer to my lips.

"I..." My words stopped and Satan's lips brushed mine as I looked at him in wonder. "Don't..."

"Why?"

I ran away from him and slammed the door shut in my room. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I had no clue why...

Was I scared of intimacy?