Chapter Four

Chapter Four

••••••••••••••••

I ran my hands over the thick leather volumes and read the Latin spines. Very carefully, I lifted the navy blue one out from under my fingertips. The pages rustled silently and there was a strange shield of magic around the front cover. I looked over a May who was frowning at my stack of Vampirism books, she very timidly touched the cover. A cry of pain escaped her lips and she jumped away clutching her fingers to her chest. A sly smirk covered my lips, I began to climb down the ladder as May screamed again. The air was smelling of burning.

"You can't touch the books unless you are a Dark." I said and stood on the wooden floor.

"You could have told me!" May hissed through gritted teeth.

"I thought I just did?" I smiled innocently.

"Urgh!" May cried in and and slammed her hand on top of another pile of books. "ARGH!!!"

"What part of 'You can't touch the books unless you are a dark' do you not understand?" I sighed.

"Just shut UP?" May screamed at me as she stroked her hand.

"Nah..." I shrugged. "Free country."

"At the moment."May smirked.

"True."

We then sat in silence. May stood up and folded her arms. "Hurry up then, I want to go home!" May hissed.

"Of course!"

Very carefully I began to chant a strange language from the book and began to draw a star into the floor with some magic. The smoke began to turn into dark purple flames that stank of sulphur. It was hard to resist the urge to cough but I had to keep going. Soon a dark cry echoed round the room, the candles in the library blew out and a harsh cold wind blew. My hair whipped across my face and the scent of sulphur grew worse. May screamed a high pitched wail and then gripped the table with white knuckles. I walked around the star as it lit itself on fire with multicoloured flames. It was getting harder to choke out words then a figure appeared amongst the flames. The figure screamed out at me.

"You there, summon me?" It cried at me.

"Yes, I Rosalie Simmons summon you almighty Satan." I gulped and snapped the book shut as the wind got worse, I cried out.

"Why?" Satan demanded.

"You had gave my f-f-friend some advice..." I gasped and slipped onto the wooden floor. "ARGH!"

"ROSALIE!" May cried out as I fell back against the table and whacked my head.

Hard.

"ROSALIE SIMMONS!" Satan screamed but the world was going black...