Chapter Two

Chapter Two

•••••••••••••••

I tossed and turned in bed last night. I just couldn't sleep, May's offer just went over and over in my head. A chance to be excepted, truly excepted into a side. A chance to use my powers for a side and know my destiny. Very carefully, I pulled the sheets off of me and placed my feet onto the floor. Starr made a purring sound and nestled into my leg. The phone sitting on the desk in my room was very tempting, I could almost imagine picking it up and phoning May. There was another purr from Starr before I stood up and walked over to the phone. Quickly I cast a spell on the phone so it called May. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" Her sweet cooed.

"It's Rosalie." I sighed impatiently.

"Oh, you... Well then?" May demanded dropping the sweet exterior

"I have decided to raise Satan for you on one condition." I said.

"Yes?" May asked.

"I get to choose which side I want to be on." I nodded sure of myself.

"Very well." May's voice was bitter sweet again. "Thank you Rosalie. Prepare the raising for today, I will be there to attend this spectacle."

"No! You can't come-" I gasped.

"Good-bye Rosalie."

The phone line went dead. I stared in disbelief at the annoying buzz coming through the speaker. May did not just do that to me, say she wants to watch the whole thing? She is insane! Satan will see her and she will not have the same amount if powers as me to have him bound. She was in trouble, so much trouble.

Quickly I ran to my closet and pulled out a dress. It wasn't until I had it on that I realized that I needed a blouse on underneath. I pulled it off and pulled on a white peasant blouse then put the dress back on top. Lacing up the crimson corset whilst I ran down the stairs was easy. The matching crimson skirt billowed out behind me as I pulled on my Biker Boots then a dark green cape with gold embroidery on the hood.

"Damn, where's that book on Raising?" I muttered to myself as I ran into the kitchen and flicked on the kettle.

The door bell rang through the shed.

"I'm coming!" I called.

As I skidded down the hallway someone impatiently rang the bell again. I pulled open the door and screamed at the sight of the Dark side leader, Scarab. He smiled coldly and welcomed himself inside. I watched him sit on the sofa and spread his long green cape around himself.

"Hello, Rosalie." His voice was like metal grinding over metal as he spoke.

"I wasn't expecting you..." I mumbled and fell to the ground under the weight of his gaze.

"Yes well, I have been hearing rumors that you are helping the Light side."

"Nope..." I lied.

"Then, I shall bid you farewell."

Scarab looked at me as if I should do something, I stared blankly at him. The lines on his face were sunk deep

into the skin. I continued to stare. Scarab stood up with his long black hair flying... He ran forward and gripped my throat. I made a horrible gurgling sound and my hand flew up to his bony one clutching me.

"You must bow." Scarab hissed at me as saliva flew out his mouth.

"What is with people telling me to bow?" I gasped and gave a weak smile to the old man.

He let go, irritated. "You shall never be on a side, insolent child!"

"Are you the Phantom of the Opera?" I asked innocently.

"Beware, there is a storm brewing!"

With that he left.