Chapter Five

When I woke up, I had a massive headache. It didn't exactly help that Damian and Ame were playing a video game really loudly.

"Can you guys turn that down?" I asked, putting a pillow over my head to block the noise. It didn't work.

"You can hear that?" Damian asked.

"Yeah, what do you guys have that on, fifty?" I asked.

"No. We have it on five." Ame said. I took the pillow off of my head and looked up at them.

"Really?" I asked. Ame looked back at me and nodded. I noticed that they were playing Hyrule Warriors. Ame pressed the home button on her Wii remote and walked over to me.

"Hey, you doing okay?" She asked.

"Not really." I said truthfully.

"What doesn't feel right?" A female voice asked. I looked over to my doorway, and there was a brown haired lady with a lab coat on leaning against the frame.

I recognized her instantly. She was Dr. Margaret Petal, my doctor that I saw every couple of months. Like Barnes, she moved from Base to Base with us for the last two years so she was always there in case we needed her input on anything. She studies Kaiju Physiology, Psychology and is an inventor. Needless to say, she's extremely intelligent and unlike Barnes she was actually nice to me.

"Nothing feels right. I'm sore, hot, have a headache and my vision keeps on doing funky stuff. Not to mention I am really hungry" I said. Doc nodded, walked over to my bed and placed her hand on my forehead.

"... Yeah, you do still feel really hot, which you shouldn't be, since you got here hours ago." She said.

"At least she changed back to normal." Damian said, trying to sound optimistic. Dr. Petal frowned.

"Not quite. Her ears have taken an elvish appearance, her teeth have become more pointed, and her skin has become more scally in some places." Dr. Petal said.

"... I'm almost afraid to ask what I looked like when I wasn't normal." I muttered.

"Sorry, Sorcha, we didn't take any pictures since your mom wouldn't let us." Ame spoke up.

"And for good reasons, too. The KADT can hack into your phones without even having it." I heard mom say. I looked over at her, and I saw that she had a bowl of ice cream in her hands. She smiled at me and she gave me the bowl.

"I figured you wouldn't want anything warm to eat, since your temperature was at one hundred fifteen." She said.

"Thank you." I said before eating.

"Agent Damian, Ame, we should probably leave them alone." I heard Dr. Petal whisper. Ame nodded, turned off the TV and gestured for Damian to follow before leaving.

"So... other then kidnapping you and throwing you into a lava pit, what else did your father do?" Mom asked. I frowned and thought back on what had happened.

"We talked a little, but not much." I admitted.

"What did he say?" She pressed.

"Nothing important to me. However, he did claim me as his heir in front of a massive group of Kaiju." I said, figuring that was important. She didn't look surprised.

"Yeah, Ame told me that part." She mumbled. I could sense what she was thinking. We both had no idea how the KADT would react to this. I began to scratch an itchy part on my back, but mom stopped me.

"Take off your shirt, it'll be better if I treat that instead of you scratching at it." She said. I nodded and did what I was told. She then started applying this cream on my back. I heard her quietly chuckle.