Change

"You didn't have to-"

"Its fine. You called and you didn't need to be there, he could've beat you to death."

I didn't speak I just sat there while he cleaned up my busted face.

"Its okay to talk to me about it Tia."

"I just- I don't know, im scared."

"I know, so whats the story?"

I told him the story of me and Zeke and he seemed very interested, I didn't tell him everything I told him what I wanted him to know.

"3 years huh?"

"Yeah, but the beatings just started less then a year ago."

"So this is what we can do, you can stay here, I can get you a hotel, we can tell the police, get a restraining order, you can end it with this guy, or you can keep hiding this and keep living like this? Your choice."

"I can't tell the police."

"Why?"

"I just can't do that."

"Tia.. I don't understand."

"Its not for you to understand, it'll be worse then this if he ends up in jail, so may I."

"What are you saying."

"Its- its nothing. I just can't go to the police. Zeke is smart, he knows how to find me he might come here, so I could just leave." I got up from the chair and he sat me back down.

"Im sorry, but im not letting you leave. Where you going to go?"

I shrugged. "I'll get a plane ticket."

"To where?"

I shrugged again.

"My point, just stay with me. I'll protect you okay. Look you don't deserve to be treated like that, your too beautiful. I have a guest room you can sleep there."

I thought about it for awhile and agreed, i'll just leave in the morning before he wakes up. Its only for the night. "Alright i'll stay."

He smiled and shook his head gathering the first aid kit. I sat in the chair waiting for him to come back, when he did he came back with a towel a wash cloth and a shirt of his.

"Im not sure if you want to freshen up now, in the morning. Well it is 5 in the morning, whatever floats your boat. Oh, i'll show you the room."

I followed him to the room and it was nice. But it didn't have a bathroom, im guessing it was in the hallway or something.

"The bathroom?"

"Right across the hall? I have my own this is just the guest, so.... um, if you need anything i'll be here, don't be afraid to ask me for anything. I trust you so I don't think you'll steal anything, and just make yourself at home."

I cracked a smile and thanked him before he pulled my door. I looked around the room and sat on the bed and sighed. I was exhausted, sore, everything I mean EVERYTHING hurt. Maybe I wouldn't leave in the morning maybe i'll stay, call around a few family members and see if I can- no I can't they'll want me to call the police. Here's why I can't rant out Zeke, he has something on me, and if I ever ranted him out i'll go down with him. Sad case, but thats just how it goes.