Grind & Pray

"You can go home Tia."

"I'll leave when they say you can leave." She stuffed french fries in her mouth and I just shook my head.

"Thanks for being here for me though, your really a good friend."

"No problem, I wasn't going to leave you there to die, you wouldn't have did it to me."

"You right, I appreciate it."

She nodded and kept playing with her phone and eating fries.

-
A couple days later the doctor let me home. And Tia's been there every since. I was on bed rest for like 3 weeks they said, so she practically did everything for me. Except help me piss or shit, or wash. I told her that's the least I could do, but she did my laundry, cooked for me, the usual.

"Take a break Tia."

"I have to get your laundry done."

"Tia.... take a break, its okay, come lay by me."

She sighed sitting the basket of clothes down and laid by me. I wrapped my arms around her inhaling her scent.

"Why you doing this?"

"August I told you, you'll do it for me."

"I will, but you haven't been to work because of me. I'll be okay just for one day."

"Are you sure?"

"Im positive, im a big boy."

"Alright, if you say so. I'll wash up, and hit the hay and be off to work in the morning."

"Thanks again"

"Your welcome."

-

"You know thats really nice what your doing for him Tia." Rob filed his nails at the computer and I looked through papers.

"Im a nurse, I help. Its in my blood."

"If you ask me I think it's something more then that." He smirked and I simply rolled my eyes.

"He got me out of getting my ass nearly beat to death that night Rob, you know this."

"I know, but you can't sit here and tell me, if he try to shoot his shot you gonna smack the ball out his hands?"

I laughed. "We'll see, besides im still kind of dating Zeke-"

"Fuck Zeke, okay? You haven't seen him in almost a month, you haven't heard from him, he hasn't came up here, you think you and Zeke still have a chance? I mean lets be honest you tired of him, you wanted go get away, now you have it. So be happy and fuck August."

"Rob, im not just going to fuck August, I don't even think he's like that you know."

"Honey, ain't no way a fine man like that ain't got a freak bone in him."

"Ok Rob, really your nasty. You'll be the one to think that way."

"Girl yes."

-

When I got home.. wow girl home? This not even my house. ANYWAY, when I got back to August house from work I noticed a little white car in his driveway. I frowned and quickly got out. I never seen this car before, maybe it was a friend.

When I got in the house I saw August on the floor and a lightskin girl was hovering over him, holding his leg, she had on scrubs, she was kind of pretty.

"Hi." She smiled

"Hello." I spoke back and looked at August. "Whats going on?"

"Im August's physical therapist, im assuming you are his-"

"Wife, its my wife." He slowly got up from the floor and limped to me, grabbing my waist and kissed me catching me off guard.

"Oh, I didn't know you were married." She looked down at my hand and I knew she was looking for a ring so I put my hands in my pocket really quick.

"Did you have to know?"

"On your files it didn't state any evidence of it."

"We just got married not too long ago, the files haven't been updated." I faked smiled and so did she.

"Well, Mr.Alsina. Our first session was good, i'll be back at the end of the week and we'll try something new, just to get you back into the shape of things."

August nodded and walked her to the door. When he closed it, I rolled my eyes and walked away. I was feeling kind of jealous, he sent me to work so he can hire a physical therapist to touch all up on him. Wait a minute, Tia girl why are you even tripping like its your man, you just living with him for awhile for your own safety so you can stay low.