Chapter Eleven

After a few days at the compound, Bonaparte didn't make anyone escort Nick to his room. His was being cooperative which was surprising given Theresa's wild nature when they had first brought her in. Theresa was trying to influence Nick to be as obedient as he could be because it was still possible that Bonaparte wouldn't try to break him. She was also happy that she was in charge of him because she knew how people like Josie and Blake would have treated him; they might have hurt him.

Nick was having a difficult time. Luckily, he hadn't had to do anything for Bonaparte. He trained which was fun, but Trubel was scaring him.

He was watching the cruel things that she would do to people and remembered how everyone told him that she was different now and didn't care about him. One day, someone called her a psychopath (which she was sensitive to for obvious reasons) because they heard what she did to Jack. She had the guy on his knees in a blink of an eye and asked him for a reason she shouldn't rip his head off.

She was bad. She didn't let anyone get away with anything which was why people were so afraid of her. They respected her, too, though, because she only hurt people that deserved it - aside from the innocent people that Bonaparte had her kill.

It was all very confusing and concerning.

Especially when Bonaparte asked her for help with a special project. Bonaparte had Nick wait in the window room to watch.

"We brought in someone from HW," he had said.

"Really? Who? Anyone I know?" she had asked.

"Hopefully not. We got information from him. We don't need him anymore," Bonaparte said, smiling.

"Got it." and she went to work.

She walked into the interrogation room and saw a man sitting in a chair with his hands tied behind his back. She recognized him from an assignment she did with him a while back.

"Damn it!" she cursed.

"Trubel?" the man said looking at her with recognition. "What are you doing here?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know," she warned.

Bonaparte walked in. "I did not bring you in here to chat with him, Theresa. Get it over with."

Trubel shut her eyes and sighed anxiously to herself.

"What the hell?" the man asked surprised. He understood, at that moment, that Trubel was working for Black Claw.

"I'll take care of it," she yelled behind her. She was stressed out.

"The more you talk, the less you'll want to kill him. It's better to just do it. You know that," Bonaparte said and left the room to join Nick in the window room.

Nick was really hoping that she wouldn't kill her friend.

"What is wrong with you?!" the man yelled at her.

Nick hated to hear someone yelling at her like that, even if she deserved it.

"A lot," she whispered mostly to herself. She pulled out a knife from her boot and started walking towards him. She really didn't want to kill him.

"Trubel, don't do this," he begged.

"I don't want to," she said.

"Then don't! You don't have to!" he shouted.

Theresa looked sadly at the knife that she twisted around in her fingers. "I think I do," she said.

"These are not good people, Trubel, you know that," he told her. "You can't do this for them."