Looking for Trubel Playlist

While I was writing this book, I was inspired by a myriad of songs that I felt fit particular scenes or the novel as a whole. Check 'em out!

(Don't stop if you hate one song! They are all different genres and artists! Also, if you use YouTube to listen to the songs, just type in the names without quotes, parenthesis, or any other punctuation or else the versions of the songs that I like don't come up. (Ex. Instead of "Little Red Riding Hood" - The Brooke vs. Daafit type in little red riding hood the brooke vs daafit).)

Here we go!

"Monsters" - Ruelle (Acoustic Version): This song really captures the mood of the novel as a whole. It, for the most part, really reflects Trubel and Bonaparte's relationship. It shows Trubel's manipulation by Bonaparte ("I'm feeling like a villain, got a hunger inside... We are monsters"), but also her retaliation against him ("One look in my eyes and you're running cause I'm coming, going to eat you alive"). It's easy to picture Trubel's inner struggles, the danger she poses, and her actions with this piece of music.

"I Found" - Amber Run: This song makes me think about the entire beginning of the novel. I visualize Trubel alone in her room when she is by herself, thinking about Nick ("I've moved farther than I thought I could, but I miss you more than I thought I would"). In the beginning, Trubel is trying to cope with her loss and her new reality, and she has no clue what to do with herself. To some extent, she looks to Vincent for guidance which is reflected by the song. I can't help but think of Vincent and Trubel's first meeting. ("I'll use you as a focal point... I found love where it wasn't supposed to be").

"Die Trying" - MICHL: This song reminds me of Blake and Trubel's relationship as they work together behind the scenes to take down Bonaparte. They question their own actions - especially Trubel ("Are we wrong? Are we right?... We're in over our heads"). They question if they will ever be able to save Nick, Vincent, and the rest of the world. ("There's still a long, long way to go... Will we ever get to the other side before there's nothing left?... Don't know but I swear I'll die trying").

"I'd Love to Change the World" - Jetta (Matstubs Remix if it suits your fancy): I feel like both the remix and original Jetta version of this song fit the scene where Trubel kills Bonaparte's friends.

"Confident" - Demi Lovato: This song reminds me of the scene where Trubel is first training with Nick. She is doing very well at the fights and Nick is trying his best to keep up. Trubel's power gives her a sense of confidence ("This is my game, and you better come to play"). This song also reveal's Trubel's over-the-top nature, like when she beat up Jack ("I make my own choice... You can't make me behave").

"I'll Be Good" - Jaymes Young: Trubel starts to realize how much she's changed when Nick comes to the compound. She tries to ignore her feelings but secretly struggles until she admits to Vincent that she is still Trubel as opposed to the cruel Theresa. When Bonaparte continues to torment her, Trubel fights, even more, to help her friends and stop Black Claw. In some ways, she feels like she needs to make up for what she's done in the past ("I'll be good for all of the time that I never could").

"Believer" - Imagine Dragons: This song reminds me of sneaky Vincent, like when he is going around manipulating Josie and Bonaparte. He puts out the vibe that he is completely sick of Black Claw ("I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been"). Both Josie and Bonaparte try to make Vincent what they want, rather than letting him be himself. It drives him crazy ("Don't tell me what you think I can be").

"Hurts Like Hell" - Fleurie: This song makes me thing of two distinct parts of the book - the beginning when Trubel find's Nick body in his house and is tormented continually that he is gone ("I loved, and I loved, and I lost you"), and the scene when she hugs Nick after finding out he is still alive and worries that their relationship makes her weaker and puts him in danger ("I don't want them to know the secrets. I don't want them to know the way that I loved you").