Part 13

When I woke up I was the only one up, it was only 5:30. I grabbed my water bottle and went down to the gym. I put my hair up and began my workout. Of course the room  was empty because I could very easily think of better things to be doing in san diego than working out.

    I began with running a mile on the treadmill. Then I stretched and started doing some squats, push ups, sit ups, etc. Then I saw a punching bag in the corner of the room. My eyes lit up, I haven't boxed in years.

     I got my things and went over to it. It was a softer bag so I used my bare hands. I put my headphones in and started throwing solid punches at the bag. It felt so good to be training again.

    I didnt even realize how long I was in there when suddenly out of the corner of my eye walked in the room. Jack. "What are you doing up so early?" He asked as he got on a leg machine.

     "Who says I went to bed?" I said as I unplugged my headphones.

    "Good point, so why are you up warly working out?" He asked as he began lifting the weight, working his legs.

      "At the rehab program I was in we were up and outside ready to go at 5:15 so I guessed I'm used to it." I replied honestly. He nodded and continued his workout as I did the same.

     Now it was my turn to ask questions. "Why are you up so.early? The others probably won't wake up until noon." I said.

    "Yeah I'm usually the first one up anyways, you know, guess I'm just not a deep sleeper." He said as he moved to the weight lifting bench.

     "Same. It's hard to sleep when there's so much going on around you."

     We both continued to workout in a comfortable silence. I don't know why but it was never awkward with Jack. I felt like I could literally say anything and it wouldn't get awkward.

     I punched the bag over and over until I felt as if my arms were going to fall off. I decided to take a break and I started doing squats while holding some weights. "Hey you wanna go out and do something today before the guys wake up? I know this small quiet beach nearby." Jack asked.

     "Yeah, let's go. I haven't been to the beach in forever!" I said as I grabbed his hand and walked to the elevator. "You're walking way too slow!" I laughed as I let go of his hand and ran to the elevator.

     "What, I'm tired." He chuckled.

    "Oh whatever I was in they're longer than you." I joked as I stepped in the elevator. We went back to our separate rooms and began to get ready. I took a quick shower and put on some jean shorts and a muscle tee with a bikini underneath.

     I grabbed my Nike drawstring bag and put my phone, my wallet, and a water bottle in it. I called Jack and told him to meet me in the lobby, I didn't bother with makeup because we're going to the beach anyways.

      We met in the lobby and began walking down the street outside. I put my sunglasses on as we walked towards the beach. As we walked down the street a few people stopped us and asked us to take pictures with them. One group of tweenish girls came up to us. "Oh my gosh it's Jack and Santiago from Magcon!" They screamed.

     Me and Jack smiled and signed some of their stuff. They asked if they could take a picture with us. "Um I don't know I mean I don't even have my weave on." Jack said in a girly voice.

     I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Of course," I smiled. We took a giant selfie and they said thank you and walked away very excited.           We continued walking as we talked about lots of stuff.

    "Where is the beach?" I asked as I looked around.

    "Right down this road." He said as we turned down a small street that led us out to a highway.

    "What?"

    "So the road is more like the pacific highway but it's fine." He laughed. We began walking down the highway on the side like hitch hikers.

   "You're crazy Jack." I said as we both laughed.

    "Okay we gotta cross here," He said. Oh yeah let's just cross this highway, no big deal. We continued walking and it looked like there was nothing, suddenly we were at the top of a cliff. "There's a path to get down there over here."

    He turned around and realized I wasn't following. I know a quicker way, I smirked as I dropped my bag and began to take off my shirt.

    "No way. You're crazy." He said as we walked towards me.

    "Am I?" I said as I slipped off my shorts and threw my sunglasses on my clothes. "Come on it's not that far, the water looks deep." I said trying to convince him.

    "I can't believe you." He said as he began to take off his shirt. I smiled as we both stood at the edge of the cliff. "It's beautiful up here. " He said as we looked at the orange sky and the rising sun. "Almost as beautiful as you." He said looking into my eyes.

     I took a deep breath and smiled. "Let's go." I said as I jumped.

  _____________

I'm not the only one who wants a first date like this right? Oh my gosh 80 reads! And lots of votes, thank you so much it means a lot! Fav/vote/comment ?  (: