Part 47

We slid into the backseat of the cab as we made our way back to the hotel.

    "I've missed you." Jack spoke softly, barely audible.

     "How? We've been in that damn hotel room together for weeks."

      "No, like I mean I miss us."

      I looked down and closed my eyes for a second. Was I really going to let him get away with being an asshole these past couple weeks? Then again it wasn't his fault, I had to remember that I'm not the only one who's entire life is going to change.

       "Me too." I replied honestly. I miss being able to share the random thoughts that I have, or showing him a funny vine or edit. I missed even just being able to laugh without feeling guilty or obnoxious.

     The next ten minutes were spent with us wrapped around each other in the back seat. His arms were around me and my legs were across his lap as we looked out the window in peace.

       We walked into our hotel room, his arm still around my shoulder. "We should stay up." He suggested.

     "What, past our bed times?" I joked as I took out the leggings I wore earlier.

      "Maybe. Or maybe til the sun rises?" He said as he turned around and took off his shirt. God his body looked so perfect right now. I carefully took off my jeans which were feeling a bit tighter than usual around the waist. Maybe I'm gaining weight, for once I'd actually be happy about that. I got my jeans off and put on my leggings and a thick pair of socks. I left on my huge sweater and brushed through my now dry hair. When I turned around Jack was now shirtless but in sweatpants, watching me as I stood in front of the mirror. I tossed my brush into my suitcase and walked into the bathroom.

     I pulled up my shirt to see if my stomach looked any bigger. It looked exactly like it has for the past few weeks.

     I sighed and walked back out into the room, suddenly I didn't know where to go. I don't know if me and Jack are back together so do I lay in my bed or do I get in bed with him? Just as I was about to decide he patted the space next to him. I crawled under the warm covers with him as we snuggled up next to each other.

      "So how are we going to stay up all night?" I asked, completely unconvinced that we were going to stay awake.

     "Let's just talk." He said simply.

    "Okay.. About what?"

     "Anything. Everything." He said quietly. There was a pause before he continued. "Okay so I've basically told you everything about me right? Now it's your turn."

      "Okay.." I laughed as he turned off the lamp, leaving us in the room that was just slightly lit up from the bright city lights outside. "Where do I even begin?"

      "What was your dad like?" Jack asked softly.

     A lump was caught in my throat before I could answer. I scoffed, "Amazing." I hoped I didn't sound sarcastic but nobody ever asked about my feelings and now I didn't know how to reply. "He was my best friend. I know everyone says that about their dad but he really was."

      "So it was hard for you when-" He started slowly. "I'm sorry." He said quickly.

      "Yeah. But once I had accepted that I was alone I just kind of went out of control. Maybe that why my mom shipped me across the country. She should have just given me up." I said the last part quietly, scoffing again. "But then again I got even worse here so when I went back for high school she was done. She was just never home. And if she was she was probably blacked out on the couch."