Part 45

I heard the door to our room open and realized that I had been blankly staring at the ceiling. Before Jack walked back in I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. Just avoid the conversation.

        Jack dropped the food onto the table and plopped onto the other bed in the room. "I know you're awake." His words were slurred. Had he been drinking? How long had he been gone? I opened my eyes and looked at the alarm clock between the beds. 5:54. He had been gone for nearly 4 hours. I had been staring at the ceiling for nearly 4 hours. "Santiago, l know you're awake quit playing." He turned on the tv.

        l slowly got up and walked over to the table, sat down and quietly began eating. I had my back slightly turned towards Jack. l know how he gets when he drinks and l did not want us to get in a fight over anything stupid. When l had finished my food l stood up to go back to my bed. As soon as Jack saw me stand up he got up to help me get into bed, but instead of helping, he wrapped his arms loosely around my midsection, causing only a slight discomfort. I put my hands on Jack's chest, trying to push him off of me without making him stumble because he was clearly drunk and without hurting my broken arm. His hands dropped to the top of my ass as he brought his lips down to my ear, "You look hot." He slurred.

        "Jack-"

        He wouldn't budge. "You look so sexy wearing my clothes." I could smell the alcohol on his breath, he wouldn't move out of my way. He slowly began unzipping his jacket that l was wearing, "So sexy." He muttered.

        "Jack, seriously move." He still had his arms around my lower back, but he wasn't moving.

         Suddenly he let go of me, "Fine. I'm just trying to make you feel better. Ever since the damn accident you've been shutting everyone out." He stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door making me cringe.

        I know that everything he is saying is because he's drunk and that I shouldn't let it affect me but it didn't make what he said hurt any less. l think it hurt because I knew it was true, all of it. But he didn't understand that I just wasn't ready to talk about all of it. I climbed into bed and laid facing the wall, I just want this all to go away.

        When Jack came out of the bathroom I was expecting him to be obnoxious but instead he got into the other bed without a single word. Throughout the entire night I was unable to sleep, thoughts about Jack, Travis, the baby, what I was going to do once I leave New York. They all attacked my mind until I looked at the clock and saw 6:23 am. Knowing Jack wasn't going to be up any time soon, I got up and got myself ready. After minutes of me silently telling myself I can do this I worked up the nerve to walk across the street from the hotel, to the Mcdonalds. I knew Jack was going to need a greasy meal when he woke up so I figured Mcdonalds was best.

        When I got back to the hotel I stepped into an elevator with a friendly looking businessman. Even though he looked very nice I was terrified to be in the small elevator alone with him. When I stepped off onto our floor I was relieved. I got to our room and got my key card but my hands were so shaky that it took me multiple tries to even get it in the slot. Finally I was able to get into the room, setting the food on the table I noticed Jack laying in the same exact spot as when I left him, but he didn't look as peaceful as he usually does when he sleeps. His eyebrows were slightly crinkled and his lips were tightly together.

        After one bite of my salad I was making my way to the toilet, soon enough I felt like I had thrown up everything I had eaten in the past week. Gross. After washing my mouth I left my salad on the table and sat on the swing on the small patio.

      I still had no idea what I was going to do or where I was going to live once I was fully recovered but I had been looking at some places to live in northern California. I know Jack wasn't going to be happy but I need to do what is best for me, which is definitely not living with him if all we do is fight.