Chapter Four

"SANS GET YOUR SORRY LAZY BONES DOWN HERE!" Papyrus yelled from downstairs.
Sans groaned. He knew what it was about but he didn't want to face Papyrus.
(Y/N) flinched at this and curled up. The two have them had been playing poker. Or more like Sans teaching her how to play. She wasn't bad but still had no idea what she was doing half the time.
'I'll be back. Don't even think about cheating.' Sans mouthed to her before getting up and lazily walking downstairs.
Papyrus was standing at the bottom of the stair case looking angrier than ever. His face was red and Sans could practically SEE the smoke coming out from the side of his head.
"SANS THE SKELETON I TOLD YOU TO WATCH THE HUMAN AND YOU LET THEM ESCAPE!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN KIND!? I KNEW YOU WERE A LAZY USELESS GOOD FOR NOTHING GUARD!!"
Sans growled "First of all I didn't let them escape! You were the one who locked the door and tied them up! And second I'm not a fucking guard! And third of all I am NOT use-" bur before he could finish Papyrus raised his hand and slapped Sans so hard it sent him flying across the room.
Sans groaned as he hit the wall. He felt his skull crack and red liquid came out from it.
"IF THE HUMAN IS NOT FOUND IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT!" And with that Papyrus stormed out of the house slamming the door behind him.
Sans sat there holding his head. He would never admit how much he hated this. How much he just wanted his brother to love him and for them to live as a normal family.
Sans sighed and shook his head. That dream would never come true no matter what he did.
He didn't know how much time had passed but it felt like forever. He wanted (Y/N) to come down and help him but he knew she couldn't because one she was tied to the pole and two she was probably scared out of her mind.
Sans finally got up and walked to the bathroom. He walked to the bathroom and cleaned up the red liquid.
He dragged himself back to his room and sat on his bed. That's when he saw it. On the floor there was a not addressed to him.
He picked it up and read it.
'Sans I am so so sorry I got you into this mess and it caused you to get hurt. I don't want to put you at risk anymore. I'm going to turn myself in so you can all go to the surface. I hope you all are happy when you get there. I have to admit a few things to you. One you are horrible at doing knots no offence. Second I was planning on cheating on the poker game and three I love you Sans. I've loved you since we first met which I know was only a few days ago but it feels like it was forever ago. I know you don't love me back and feel anything towards me. Have a happy life Sans. Love (Y/N).'
Sans dropped the note on the floor as he finished reading. She really did love him. Sans got up and ran out of his room and outside. He would not let her do this. How could she think he would let her do this!?
'It's because you told her you would never feel anything for her.' A voice in his head told him. Sans cursed at himself and kept looking.
That's when he heard it.
"I FOUND THE HUMAN!" Undyne yelled out.
Sans froze. They found her. They were going to take her to the king and kill her and there was nothing he could do about it.
'No I won't let this happen.' He ran towards where he heard Undyne but stopped dead in his tracks. The human that stood in front of Undyne wasn't (Y/N).
This human had short brown hair and worse a yellow and green stripped sweater. In their hand was a blood covered knife.
Everything was a blur after that. The human and Undyne attacked each other. The human won. Undyne died.
Sans watched as the human walked away to find their next victim.
He had to find (Y/N) before that human did.
Sans ran off and started looking for her. Dust was everywhere but he didn't care. All he cared about was finding her.
That's when he saw her.
She was standing in the middle of snowdin looking around confused and scared. She held her arms close to her shaking body.
Her knees shook and they were about to give out.
"(Y/N)!" Sans called out as he ran to her.
He took her in his arms just as she was about to fall. He quickly put his jacket around her and pulled the hood up. He took a look at her face and flinched.
Her nose was bleeding and her face was turning a light blue.
Sans picked her up so her face was in his chest. He telported them to his room and set her on his bed. He put the blanket she was using over her and kept her close.
After a little while she stopped shivering and her face was back to the normal colour.
Sans sighed relived and kept her close.
"(Y/N) what the hell were you thinking?" He said, ruder than he meant to.
(Y/N) made herself small and looked down. She didn't mean to make Sans mad or upset she just wanted to do what she felt was right.
When she didn't answer Sans sighed and pulled her closer "Look at me." He commanded.
(Y/N) gulped and looked up at him shyly.
Sans put a hand on her cheek and kissed her head.
(Y/N)'s face went bright red as he did which made Sans grin.
"I love you too kid." He said.
(Y/N) blushed more and hid her face in the fur of his jacket.
This caused Sans to chuckle and kiss her head again.
(Y/N) looked up at him and smiled a bit.
Sans smiled back and sighed, dropping his smile "Don't do that ever again alright?" He said sternly.
(Y/N) sighed "Fine..."
Sans sighed again and heard the door slam open "SANS!" Papyrus yelled.
"I'll be right back." Sans whispered.
He let go of her and got up before heading downstairs.
Papyrus was in the living room pacing back and fourth.
"What is it Paps?" Asked Sans.
"THERE IS A HUMAN KILLING EVERY MONSTER IT COMES ACROSS! IT HAS KILLED ALL THE MONSTERS IN THE RUINS AND UNDYNE! THE ROYAL GAURDE IS WORKING ON TRYING TO STOP THEM!"
Sans nodded "Alright bro." He said trying to hide that fact that he was worried.
"YOU ARE TOO STAY INSIDE AT ALL TIMES DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"
Sans rolled his eyes "Yeah I get it bro. Don't get yourself killed alright?"
"THE GREAT AND TERRIFYING PAPYRUS WILL NOT HE BROUGHT DOWN BY SOME WEAK HUMAN!" And with that he left again.
Sans sighed and walked back upstairs to (Y/N).
He knew he had to protect her but he also had to protect Papyrus too. He could say what he likes but if that human could bring Undyne down then surly they could bring Papyrus down to.
He walked back to his room and looked at (Y/N). She was looking at the floor deep in thought as she held the blanket around her.
'She's mine now and I'm going to protect her or die trying' he told himself.
He walked back over too her and wrapped his arms around her again.
"No one will ever hurt you. Not while I'm here to protect you." He said.