prince

i guess i can give him the benefit of the doubt. he's not as bad as i thought he was, i guess i just didn't pay enough attention to him to see what he was like under his tough shell. maybe it's just infatuation, but for the time being, i don't mind being around him, i wonder if he minds being around me as much.

i try to keep in mind that being near to one another can cause problems, i wonder why we've only found out now that being near to one another causes thomas to become nervous about creativity. i suppose it's like morality and logic, you can either put your brain or heart first, you can either go through right or wrong and compromise or choose just one and go with that...

anxiety has straightened out slightly, on knee bent and his other leg out flat, and i have my legs crossed, criss cross applesauce style.

"you're going to have to go in a few minutes before twin one and twin two come over" he mumbles, i chuckle softly. "what dr.seuss character am i?" i raise a brow, and he rolls his eyes but looks head in thought.

"horton, the elephant" he replies after a moment of thought. "why?" i ask after and he huffs softly. "because while you can be a bit...annoying i suppose, you're still...kind...and...stuff, yeah" he explains as a conclusion, and i nod before thinking. "you'd be the grinch" and i hear him make a soft 'pfft' sound. "wow, how original" he looks over at me with a deadpan look. "because while you try to be the bad guy, you have a heart of gold" i add on and he looks away, i can see the corner of his mouth rising slightly. 

"yeah...thanks..." he says with a tone of amusement, and i smile, because i made him happy, which makes me happy. i pat his shoulder before keeping my hand on it and he turns, looking at my hand, and he raises his, probably to remove my hand.

but he places his on mine, it's cold but i don't say anything till he...in a way, shyly, removes my hand placing it on the ground between us.

"there's a speck of dust to save, horton" he smirks, and i roll my eyes, standing up. "and cindy lou who's presents are out to take, mister grinch" i reply, and his smirk becomes a small smile and i walk away, hearing the shuffling of clothing and legs. 

and i smile wider, because he smiled.