chapter 10

Brandon's p.o.v

I remember practicing Soccer with Harry ,the boy was four years younger and damn crazier than his step-sister Riley .
I met him only two years back in Kathy's wedding ,he holded a grudge on me for ditching Riley.

We didn't talk much on that Day except he kept pesting me why I left Riley.

As I read the newspaper ,jitters pass long my spine and my eyes shut at the horrible picture of crime.
The body was lying there,where my bike usually sits.
Can I now park my bike there?

The feeling is horrible ,right out of a murder mystery movie.

If I find out the killer ,I will just smash his head with the tyres of my bike.

How did Riley deal with this ?
First parents ,then her brother .
It's like a gruesome twist to her beautiful life.
And I am not by her side .

"I know it is Hard,we can all do is ,comfort the girl"Angela said with her hand resting on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

I say nothing .
"I am going to her house ,you can join me "she said .

"Yes,I will "I whisper wiping my wetting eyes.

"Are you her boy friend?"Teresa asks wondering what am I really to her.
I too wonder the same,can I be her boyfriend ,after all this happened ?
It doesn't make sense.

"I was"I say the truth.

"Take care of the girl "Teresa says as Angela grabs her Car keys.

"I will"I say Smoking slightly.
I wave good bye to the old woman and follow Angela outside.

I take a glimpse of the tree , it's in the same place , ofcourse it can't move . It's still radiating the same beauty and greenery.
Our names "Riley + Brandon forever" are scribbled on it.

A smile tugs on my lips reading it ,realization hits me that we cannot be a couple ,our worlds are poles apart and Jennifer is the only one I should think about.

But it doesn't mean I should leave Riley to darkness of her life on her own ,I must do something for my old love and she too wants it ,a stubborn girl like her ,called me first for help and I cannot stop myself .
--------------------------_____
Dear Reader,
You are awesome to complete this chapter.
You will be super awesome if you vote this one.
;-)
Have a good Day.:-).