Chapter 25- New Years

For the rest of the day we prepared for the new year. Nanami prepared the new year good luck tailsmans but they got crushed by Tomoe who said they weren't presentable enough. Mizuki prepared new batches of sake and Tomoe, Kotetsu, Onikiri and I prepared for the dinner.

The guests arrived around five. We had prepared the main dishes, Mizuki had prepared sake, Kurama brought expensive sweets and also had Suiro, Botonmaru and Juro with him. My mother and Father brought mochi, a desert i loved when I was younger and Himemiko brought sushi.

We spent all night eating, drinking, talking and catching up. There was still tension between my father and Tomoe but they didn't kill each other. Juro apparently developed feelings for Nanami while I was at Kirihitos so Juro was hanging around Nanami a lot. Suiro only talked to the boys but we didn't care. Mamoru even decided to take his human form for the occasion.

"Hey guys it's started snowing!" Mamoru announced. I rushed outside along with Nanami and Tomoe to see the snow flakes slowly glided to the ground.
Nanami was called inside not soon after leaving me and Tomoe
A sudden warmth surrounded me as I felt Tomoe wrap his arms around my waist and press is body against mine. I noticed my father glaring at Tomoe though the door but soon stoped when he noticed the smile on my face.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.
"I love you to." I whispered back and turned bright red as I said it.
I turned around to face Tomoe. Our faces drifted closer together till our lips met. I didn't want it to stop but of course Tomoe had to be called back inside.
"I'll see you later." He quickly kissed me again before heading inside.
I decided to stay outside for a bit longer.

"Kaiyō." A voice whispered into my ear. I turned around but saw no one. "Kaiyō."
"Who's there?"
"It's me. Yatori!" A tornado appeared in the garden just in front of the deck I was standing on and in its place, Yatori.
"What do you want." I snapped.
"Master Kirihito want your help. You did promise I'm your assistance with getting his body back. Remember?"
"I remember but it's New Years. I want to spend it with my family."
"I want giving you a choice." I chuckled before teleporting behind me and covering my mouth. A weird smell filled the air before I lost complete control of my body and I went limp. It was a weird feeling. Being aware of everything that was going on but not being able to talk or move.

Yatori teleported to Kirihitos house and dumped me on a futon.
"Master Kirihito? I got the girl you asked for." Kirihito came out from behind a paper screen and put a blue jacket on.
"Why did you have to bring her this way?"
"She wouldn't come."
"I sent you there to ask her if she will help me find my body tonight. She didn't have to come."
"Well she's here now and the drug should be wearing off in a minute or so."
"Very well then." Kirihito huffed and opened the red curtains behind him. On the floor was a stone mirror. An entrance to the Nether.