Chapter 4: Transformations

***

So we have a full blown conversation about time devils and you don't mention him!?

Uh, I don't know him.

He called you a time devil Casey!

Thank you, for stating the obvious.

I hadn't moved a muscle since he said my name, and the growing smirk on his face gave me the impression he noticed. I could sense Evelyn and Derick's eyes on me, waiting to hear what I'd say in response. Honestly, I couldn't think of anything, especially since Asher wouldn't shut up! He'd been going on and on about how 'no one is suppose to know', like the realization of my current situation wasn't daunting enough...

Say something.

What?

The man is starring at you, say something!

"Some-something."

Idiot. Now he's gawking at you.

But you said I should-

Don't try to put this on me, you know exactly what i meant.

Shut up!

"You can hand me those," The words came out almost impulsively. I could feel the agitation building up as i surveyed the man that stood in front of me. He was quite odd, looked like he was out of place. I shifted my gaze from the pizza boxes to his very large, seemingly firm hand; then onto the fine crease on the peach shirt he was wearing.

Repulsive.

Bitter.

Look at it! How could anyone walk out of the house wearing that?

Still doesn't change that you are being bitter.

No one could've possibly fallen for the 'pizza delivery guy' act-

But then again there's you.

I didn't fall for that!

Sure you didn't.

"Not just yet, may I come it?" He was looking at me like he could hear my conversation with Asher, or at least noticed I was in my own world. It felt like he was trying to pry into my personal space and I hated it.

"And you are?"

No he didn't!

Asher's laughter echoed in my head, for a minute I was sure I was going to go deaf. I stood still, trying my hardest to keep my composure...

Did Derick just speak up for you?

"Derick I got this."

"No you don't. Take Evelyn up stairs."

Who does he... You cannot come into my apartment-

Its Evelyn's too.

Shut up, I'm in the moment!

And he can't hear you.

I said shut up!