Chapter 3

Maxwell P.O.V

The voice, it started small at first when the sickness was only a common cold. Then it grew, shouting at me, yelling over my wimpering wolf. Always the same thing.

She knows, she will always know.

Give her a voice, then I will know

We will fly alongside each other, rule the earth

And they will all cower

Who is she? I dont know. Who will cower? Your guess is as good as mine.

Every time my chest filled with fire, the voice would laugh. Everytime someone dared placed their hand upon my burning flesh it would giggle. And everytime they tried to cure me, it screamed.

Its pain was mine. I became to know the voice as I knew my own. But it didn't burn with me, no. It sat there and watched me burn, watched me fall screaming, waiting for death.

But then she came.

Rosa's P.O.V

When the boy opened his eyes, I saw his pain. They were burning. Not a calmign green like his fathers, but a hot red, like coal fresh from the fireplace.

He stared up at me, so helpless and fragile.

"Are you here, my angel, to save me?' he wispered "Your hair is firey, like what is inside of me. But your eyes, are calm, like mine used to be. Will you save me from the flames, will you pull me from the ashes?"

"What is wrong with you boy, what is that inside of you?" My grandmother cried

"If you cannot help me, let the moon goddess take my soul with her back home...." he began to ramble, constantly and steadily. As though he was speaking a spell, casting misery with words.

The pace of his words pick up, talking faster and faster, until his sentances were barley legable. But that was when it happend.

Maxwells P.O.V

She was like a angel. All red hair and smoldering green eyes. But it wasn't her outside that made me want to melt, that made me wish I could live. The demon, the fire inside me saw her for me, the real her.

Golden, smoldering firey hair that spun around her face and emerald green eyes rimmed by thick dark lashes. Her skin was pale but radiant and her cheekbones high though her face had a innocent look to it.

I was as though her outer shell was just a dull cover to a wonderful book.

Thats when I heard it. the voice said something different.

She is so much more powerful then I imagined.

I need her to speak, to tell me all she knows.

Make her speak, make her sing....

"But I can't!" I screamed

You are useless then

Like a bird without wings.

The fire burned, more then it ever had. It was so hot, I couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, I couldn't think.

And then I died.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would leave you there, but I'm nicer then that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosa P.O.V

He screamed, and thrashed like a made men, tangleing the sheets with him.

"Possesion, it has to be." She said so certain I could almost belive that she was telling the truth. But it couldn't be, possesion wasn't possible. Was it?

Then, it stoped. Quiet. Still. Peaceful maybe. But we knew what had happend, the boy had died. I had just probly caused this boys death. Oh god no.

I turned to face the alpha unsupirisingly angry face.

"I am so sorry for your loss." my grandmother said, genuinly sorry.

"You, you, monster!' the alpha's sad face instantly turned rage filled."You killed my son, with just one touch, what else can you do then? Am I next! You will pay for this!!" he lifted his finger to point at rosa