12

"You want to spit on my face that she was just gone with the wind like magic and you can't find any trace of her? Don't give me that crap of a reason, you fuck of a shit!" Dumagundong ang galit na galit na tinig ni Onyx sa apat na sulok ng opisina niya. He was resltlessly pacing back and forth gripping his phone on his ears like his life's depended on it. Kausap niya ang inupahang private investigator upang hanapin si Kali na hindi na niya naabutan pa doon kahapon. He had no way in hell to contact her for she left her phone and even her Mcbook. All her designer clothes were still there except for the clothes that she purchased herself. Walang kinuha ang dalaga sa mga gamit na binili niya para rito.

"Don't you ever dare call with all your fucking nonsense you call a report! Kung kailangang halughugin niyo ang buong Pilipinas at baliktarin ang lahat ng pulo dito para mahanap siya gawin niyo! I want her back, whole and safe, you understand?"

Nang marinig ang nais na sagot ay nanggagalaiting pinatay ng binata ang cellphone at inihagis sa executive desk kung saan kalat- kalat ang mga papeles na hindi na niya magawa pang asikasuhin. He felt so empty and weightless knowing that there was no longer a Kali waiting for him in the condo. He gritted his teeth as he exasperatedly run his fingers through his disheveled hair. Mabilis ang pagtaas- baba ng kanyang dibdib sa halo- halong emosyong nararamdaman. Galit, takot, pangungulila- at tila apoy na lumalamon iyon sa natitira niyang katinuan.

"P*tang ina!" He erupted kicking his swivel chair away as he irately swiped away the poor things on his desk. His mcbook and plaque where his name was inscribed created a loud thud upon falling on the floor. Marahas siyang humarap sa glass- paneled walls at pinagsisipa iyon. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Sunod- sunod pa niyang mura kapagkuwa'y nanghihinang isinandal ang noo sa salaming pader.

His body was shaking, his eyes swollen and red with smothered tears and lack of sleep. He felt like hell. Everything around him felt like hell. And being there, breathing and moving without Kali was a pure torture he'd rather chose to die.

Halos wasakin niya ang buong unit niya kahapon ng makita ang singsing na bigay niya rito sa mesa kasama ng isang maikling liham nito para sa kanya.

Onyx,

I love you so much but this love hurt a lot of people around us. Please don't think I stopped loving you. I never did once. Being away from you hurts so much and I know that this will never be easy. But I needed time... you needed time. And this space will give us the time to think everything through. You always ask me to trust you, I do, my love. But this time, I need you to trust me.

Eternally loving you,

Kali Heinna

He breathed deeply and struggled to compose himself. Alam niyang walang magagawa ang pagwawala niya upang mahanap si Kali. Nilapitan niya ang executive desk at binuksan ang isang drawer doon kung nasaan ang susi ng kanyang sasakyan. With determination, he strode his way towards the double door when it suddenly opened and it hailed his mother.

Agad na pumasok ang ginang sa silid upang pigilan ang binabalak na pag- alis ng binata at nanlaki ang mga mata nito sa kalat na naabutan.

"Talk to my secretary about your concern. I'm leaving." Malamig na sabi ng binata sa ina ngunit agad itong humarang sa nakasarang pintuan.

Onyx hissed in annoyance, he turned his back from his mother but the woman was persistent for she followed him at the center of the cluttered room.

"What is it again this time, Ma?" He hissed and he did't bother to hide his irritation.