Prologue

Kali was feeling her loud heartbeats consuming her waning confidence. She was sitting there at an isolated single sofa on the lobby of the executive floor of the famous Alpha Columna International, one of the leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction services company in the Philippines. AC International has been involved projects in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Japan and parts of Australia. And recently, it was all over the business and engineering sector that the company has won the bidding for an eco- friendly project in Geju Island, South Korea conquering top international construction companies from all over the world.

Their company, The Zenith Pages Unlimited, have decided to make a five special issues of their lifestyle magazine featuring five of the most successful men personalities in their early 20's. It was entitled Men in Colors. Why? It so happened that the five most successful youngest personalities that was most suited for the criteria were having colors as their names. And she was here, at the empire of the first man on the list, the barely 25- year- old multimillion dollar CEO, the King who slayed a hundred empire, Onyx Alcor. How could a 21 year- old her who just stepped out from her comfort zone and so much inexperienced, interview a young giant who was rumored to be as distant and cold as the floating ice caps in the Arctic?

She admits she really has issues on her confidence. That's why three months ago she applied for a position of a proof reader and not someone who does the interview. But she has no choice. She has to prove worthy of her position on their prestigious company. She can't afford to lose her job better yet not her dream career.

"Chairman Alcor's going to see you now, Miss Miranda." The executive secretary in her mid- thirties snapped her out her trances. Sa narinig ay tila tumalon palabas sa kanyang lalamunan ang kanyang puso. Sa halip na tumayo ay nanginginig ang mga kamay na kinikip niya ang dalang folder at recorder. Who would use such old- fashioned recorder in this millennium? Well, only her.

"Miss Miranda, please don't keep the chairman waiting. He's not a very patient man." The secretary's smile didn't cover the warning in her voice. Dahil doon ay tila lalo pa siyang kinabahan.

Dahan- dahan siyang tumayo at nakakaintinding nginitian siya ng sekretarya. Naramdaman na rin ba niya noon ang klase ng kabang nararamdaman niya ngayon? Well, she looked like a very confident woman and undoubtedly very beautiful. Confidence would never be an issue for the likes of her. But she, Kali Heinna Herrera was a different story.

She cautiously checked her reflection out from the large pillar made of thick glasses. Well the whole building seemed to be made of thick glasses that she can check out her reflection anywhere she turned. She was wearing a white blouse tucked in her black pencil cut skirt. Hinayaan na lamang niyang nakalugay ang mahaba't layered niyang buhok na natural na nagkukulay pula tuwing tinatamaan ng liwanag. She looked so plain, her personality's so boring. Nagkakasya na siyang kiligin sa mga novels na binabasa at movies na pinanonood. Walang espesyal sa kanya liban na lang siguro sa malaporselana niyang kutis na halatang halata ang pamumula tuwing nahihiya siya. But is that even something special in the first place? Honestly, it's her skin that puts her to shame everytime.

"This way, Miss Miranda." The secretary gestured the way towards the door of the office of the CEO.

Tumambad sa kanya ang mataas at malawak na two- door na sa sobrang kintab ay kitang- kita niya ang kanyang repleksiyon. Itinulak pabukas ng sekretarya ang isa sa mga pintuan upang makagawa ng maliit na siwang at sumilip doon.

"Mr. Alcor, Miss Miranda's going to see you now." Informed the secretary but they heard no reply. Nakangiting humarap sa kanya ang sekretarya at mas niluwangan ang awang ng pintuan. "Good luck, Miss Miranda." Makahulugan pang anito.

She was so nervous she only managed to smile. Well, she really needs a dozen of luck now. She inhaled deeply and wore her most confident smile she hoped was really confident and entered the door of the living giant. Inspite the wobbly knees, she was able to walk inside in one piece.

Thank God.

Tumambad sa kanya ang maluwang na opisina. The office was a gorgeous balance of black, gray and white. It was sleek, sophisticated and very virile. Everywhere is a touch of class. Even the air inside screams wealth-mint and citrus. At a far corner was a million dollar landcape painting of the famous artist Kalish Russet. And behind the wide bean- shaped executive desk made of smoky dark and thick mirror was a swivel chair turned into the direction of the thick floor- to- ceiling glass walls with the venetian blinds open. Dahil doon ay kitang- kita niya ang pagguhit ng liwanag sa madilim na kalangitan ng Makati kasabay ng nagngangalit na tinig ng lalaking nakaupo sa nakatalikod na swivel chair.

"Don't give me bullshit, Toribas! Do I fail to remind you to check the site every now and then? I don't give a fuck about the damned weather! We have a schedule to beat... don't make me repeat myself again if you still want your hell fucking job! Sonofabitch!"

Nahigit niya ang kanyang paghinga ng tumama sa makapal na salaming dingding ang iphone nito. Bigla'y pumihit paharap sa kanya ang swivel chair at tumambad sa kanya ang kagandahang sa mga society pages lamang niya nakikita.

Her heart's inconsiderately jumping out her throat as she obliviously gaped at him in awe. God, the man was breathtaking yet dangerously handsome! His lips almost as red as blood against the gray and black blankets outside the thick walls, his nose were perfectly complementing the shape of his face. And oh, his eyes, it was as black as his messy hair that even made him looked sexier! And looking at his body frame, she was so sure he never failed a day without work- out.

She swallowed the lump in her throat when the beautiful man blinked dangerously as if warning her that her presence was unwanted and a waste of time. His name definitely fits him just right. His personality was as dark as his name.

Natigil niya ang kanyang paghinga ng tumayo ang binata at swabeng hinablot sa likod ng swivel chair ang nakasampay na coat. Then he strode closer to her with grace and danger as he elegantly put on his coat and button it, the minty virile scent more distinct now that he's closer. And never did a moment pass that she blinked her eyes from the beautiful show.

"So who do we have here?" He slightly cocked his head on the side and put his hands on his pockets. His voice was low but guttural, like he has just woken up from sleep.

That snapped Kali's reverie and realized that she was definitely acting idiotic in front this Greek- god personified being. She swallowed again and found her voice at last after some while of coma.

"I- I'm Kali Heinna Miranda, sir. And I will be your interviewer for the issue of The Zenith Pages Unlimited's Men in Colors which you agreed to be featured on." She said almost not breathing as she extended one arm to him. Sa tangkad nito'y kailangan niya pa itong tingalain.

The side of his crimson lips raised revealing a deadly most definitely dangerous and sexy lazy half- smirk. And if it weren't on his hand that grabbed hers for a hand shake, she swore she would be melting like a puddle of embarrassment in his wealthy floor.

"Kali Heinna Miranda." He breathed slowly, wearing the same dangerously sexy smirk as her name rolled out his tongue like melting dark chocolate. God, when did her name sound so sexy? Only now that this man pronounced it!

"Men in Colors, you say?" One perfect brow cocked, his tone dark yet playful and he never let go of her hand yet.

"Y- Yes, Mr. Alcor." She was starting to hyperventilate with his penetrating way of gazing. God help her!

"Yes, I'm most certainly a man in color." He breathed, his grip on her hand tightened, lifting it up to his sinful lips she could feel his warm heavy breath on her knuckles. "'Cause I definitely love the way your pale skin turns red for me, honey."

Oh shit!

"And it's undeniably turnin' me on." He murmured, his soft lips touched her knuckles as he spoke and her body was treacherously in burning heat his smile grew darker when he felt it.

Yes, this man was a danger personified.

So successful...

So young...

So dangerously good looking...

And very much married.