17

Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you...

Kali took a deep breath as she stood behind the long canopies of white and pink silk cloths hanging in an arch of white roses. She was wearing a bohemian beach wedding dress in vintage lace and cap sleeves, her long veil faintly covering the beauty of her face.

It was her wedding night, her wedding with Onyx Alcor. They decided it to be a very intimate beach wedding in Onyx's private island with only close friends and relatives invited. The whole island were lighted and elegantly decorated with the finest of silks and roses in shades of white, pink and red. They had built a platform on the ocean where the officiating priest and the love of his life were waiting for her.

The famous international band Accentix had given them the honor to sing on their wedding night. And the venue was graced by the frontman's saintly voice Crimson Ford, who was also in line for the Men in Colors.

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

If I can't help falling in love with you....

Humugot siya ng malalim na paghinga ng makita ang best man na si Kalish na nagmamartsa paharap. Pagkatapos magmartsa ng bride's maid na si Mira ay susunod na siya at nararamdaman niya ang pagsipa ng kaba sa kanyang dibdib. Paano kung maapakan niya ang gown niya at madapa siya? Paano kung makalimutan niyanag wedding vow niya?

"Ready, my daughter?" Her thought were cut by this father who were beside her.

She bit her lower lip and nodded at her dad. Baka sang pangingilid ng luha sa mga mata nito.

"I'm so glad that you've found a man that will love you forever, Kali. I'm at ease now."

"Thank you, dad... I love you." She whispered and she found her voice breaking.

"Hush, sweetie. I don't want you to ruin your make- up." Pabirong anang ama. "I love you, too, sweetie."

Then the canopy covering them opened and everyone stared at the bride admiringly. And the groom just can't wait to hold his bride's hand to claim to the world that she was already his. Legally.

The aisle was decorated with generous bunch of white, pink and red roses at both sides and there laid a white carpet sprinkled with red rose petals. The moon was shining so full and brightly, its muted light added to the intimacy of the ceremony. And the song was perfectly in harmony with her emotion.

Like a river flows

surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be...

Then suddenly, the background went out of sight and she could only see Onyx at the altar, waiting for the moment to claim her hand. Di maalis sa napakagwapong binata ang ngiti sa mga labi, bakas ang masidhing pagmamahal para sa dalaga habang hinihintay nito ang pagdating niya.

With grace she was able to walk down the aisle with her father on his side, anticipating the incoming moment of Onyx claiming her hand. '

And after few more steps, Onyx was in front her, reaching his hand to her.

Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you...

Then everything moved in slow motion... They were walking down the aisle with her hand in his arm, taking graceful steps as they walked closer their forever.

And when they reached the altar, the priest started the ceremony. And in a fleeting moment, the background was filled with the splendid harmony of guitars and the keyboards playing an instrumental of the song Can't Help Falling in Love.

And finally, the priest asked them to exchange their vows.

"I will always love you..." They said in unison, their voice muted, the sparks in their eyes showed a love so intimate that even the strongest of sea storm won't break.

"Beyond the deepest of love ever felt by the past existence..." Kali whispered, looking intimately at his dark orbs.

"Beyond the greatest of love that surpasses time..." Onyx continued, his chest drowning with love for her.

"Like the sun from the east, your love always wakes me and warms me up..."

"Like the sun from the west, you come home to me even to my chilling darkness..."

"And because I love you..." They breathed in unison and the people around them were awed by the extreme love radiating the couples.

"My patience would stretch as wide as all the galaxies combined..." Onyx smiled despite the emotion chugging his throat.

"My lips would seal everytime yours needs to open..." Kali smiled back, feeling the tears on the brim of her eyes.

"My hands would wipe when your eyes water..." Onyx gently wiped a tear in her eyes and she let out a soft chuckle.

"Would choose silence in chances that you are loud..." Kali murmured.

"And against the thunder and the rain, your kiss will calm down the storm..." Onyx crooned.

"And our love will keep the sun rising..." They uttered together lovingly leaving the spectators sighing in awe.

"In this body, a lifetime..." Kali said.

"In this soul, forever..." Onyx continued.

"You breathe life..." Kali breathed.

"And you are life so I breathe..." Onyx replied.

"So take my hand and let me exist..." Bulong ni Kali.

"Even when eyes closed I know where to reach you..." Madamdaming pahayag ng binata.

"Take me in and for a lifetime let us be one..." They murmured together as Onyx reached out her left hand. "Wear this ring and from here, forever has begun." Sabay pang sabi nila at isinuot ng binata ang singsing sa palasingsingan niya. And she slipped the ring through the ring finger of his left hand.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife." The officiating priest announced and Crimson Ford's voice graced the place again.

Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you...

Hinawi paangat ni Onyx ang belong tumatakip sa kanyang mukha. She closed her teary eyes as he leaned down to kiss her, sealing their promise of a lifetime and forever.

For I can't help falling in love with you...