The Prank

After school, Sofia and Hugo met up with their gardening club.

"This is really fun," Sofia smiled.

"And these enchanted seeds will make the flowers grow even faster than ever," Hugo smiled. But then he noticed something that shouldn't be there. "What are these lily seeds doing here?" He took the lily pack and threw it away.

When nobody was looking, Amber took the lily seeds out of the trash.

"All we have to do is plant one lily seed on Hugo, and the seed will grow into a full grown lily—which will make Sofia sneeze," Amber whispered to Hildegard and Clio.

"Perfect," Hildegard smirked.

When Hugo wasn't looking, Amber placed a lily seed on his jacket. Just like that, a lily grew on the jacket.

"Wasn't it nice of Miss Nettle to share these seeds with us?" Hugo asked.

"Very," Sofia smiled. "We should do something nice for her...in..." But then she let out a sneeze.

"Bless you," Hugo said.

"Thanks," Sofia sniffled. But then she let out another sneeze.

"Are you okay, dear?" Flora asked.

"It's probably just my allergies acting up," Sofia sniffled.

"But there aren't any lilies here," Derek frowned.

"Someone must've left lilies behind in here after gardening class," Hugo surmised.

"Well, we'll find those lilies—but you should go home, dear," Flora said.

"Okay, Miss Flora," Sofia nodded. She turned to Hugo and said, "I'll see you tomorrow, Hugo."

"Okay, Sofia," Hugo agreed.

Sofia was just about to leave the greenhouse when she saw Amber, Hildegard, and Clio hiding.

"Amber? Hildegard? Clio?" Sofia frowned. "Are you playing hide and seek?"

Amber, Hildegard, and Clio were shocked that Sofia had found them spying. They didn't want anyone to know what they were really up to, and they were embarrassed because everyone was staring at them.

"Oh, we didn't want to go home, so we decided to stay after school," Amber lied.

"It's nice you want to see us garden, but you should ask us if you could stay, not spy on the gardeners," Flora chided the trio.

"Yes, Miss Flora," Hildegard nodded.

The princesses headed for their flying coaches. While Sofia was ahead of them, Amber, Hildegard, and Clio stayed behind to have a private conversation.

"Okay, Prince Hugo is coming over to play with Sofia tomorrow," Amber whispered. "We'll put another lily seed on him, a lily will grow, and Sofia will sneeze! That way, she'll run away from him again."

"Perfect," Hildegard nodded.

"But I still think we're being mean," Clio protested. "If Sofia finds out what's going on, she'll be furious—and you know how she gets when she's angry."

"But we have to do this, or Prince Hugo will be all over Sofia forever," Hildegard argued.

"What's the worst that can happen?" Amber asked.

Clio sighed, "Okay."