The Process

It had been a few weeks since that Saturday. We had already started the building process of the first prototype. We weren't going try it on because of it being the first one and all. However we still had the prototype built to see how it would work.
It was a rough job of what was planned to be a final design but we had to start somewhere right? The part that connected the prosthetic to the leg was the part we had to pay the most attention to. This part as explained by the blueprint would be able to connect to  the nerves of a person to the the entire leg. It would work in such a way that it would feel like an actual part of the body.
"I had some trouble with the sensory hardware but I was able to fix it," Diana said as she showed me the prototype.
I looked at it and it was amazing. I had helped with a few parts but I hadn't seen the finished product.
"It looks nice for the first prototype," I commented.
"Yeah but it's no where near the prosthetics I've built before," she said.
"Oh really?" I questioned sarcastically.
"Yeaahh, no. I actually impressed with this but it's nowhere near what I want it to look like."
"That's cool, I guess."
The first prototype had a few circuits spaz out and such. the next few prototypes looked better and better but we kept having the problem with the circuitry. after a few weeks with the same problem Diana got frustrated. Luckily fro her my sister had come around to the idea of the prosthetic  Diana was trying to build me and had even offered to help since she to was into engineering. They both spent a few hours looking over the last few designs and worked on bettering the designs to make a new design. They then started to work on what would be on of the last prototypes to be made. When it was finished it had a rough outer design to but now we knew that the wiring actually worked. this is when started working on what would be the part that connects everything to my legs. I can't really explain how everything worked because even Diana and Jorali had a hard time explaining how it worked. all I know is that it somehow converted the brainwaves sent from my brain to where my new leg is, it will then convert the brainwaves from my nerves into a type of code for my legs and then the code will convert in to brainwaves which is sent back to my brain. All of this happens in the matter of nanoseconds  which was still too slow for what the other brain signals from my other body parts. In essences my legs reacted slower than the other parts of my body.  So that was the next part for us to focus on. We kept working and working on the design. 

During this time we would all go out and have lunch and dinner together, all three of us. during one of these dinners Diana asked Jorali whether or not she was dating. My sister blushed admitting that  she had a girlfriend. I was aware that my sister was a bisexual but she never really talked about her relationships especially when they were with girls.

"So whats her name?" questioned Diana.

"Her name's Maxine but she goes by Max. She is studying photography at the same collage I go to," she explained.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"Diana stop pestering my sister with questions," I said through held back laughs.

"Nah its alright Hazel. We've uh we've been dating for a year now. And once we get a more stable job we're planning on moving in with each other to our own little apartment,"

"Ooh really," I said in a playful tone.

After this we had finished dinner we all went home and i got into my sister's truck so that she could drive me home.  The conversation that a waited me though that was probably the conversation that opened my eyes.

"So...um Hazel I know somethings about Diana such as her being lesbian and such but what do you know about her?"

"What do you mean? She's practically an open book. I mean she's always out there and always so open about herself," I started. I looked at my sister and I suddenly realized that I did know more about her than anyone else.

"You see I didn't know that know that about her I haven't hung out with her long enough to know that."

I blushed at the realization that I had payed a lot of attention to what Diana did and what she was. I could not believe what was making me see. Still i tried to put it aside by saying: 

"Of course I know more about her than you do. I'm her best friend and I've spent almost every day since I got out of the hospital with her."

"Oh but is that the only reason why you pay attention or is there more?"

"What more could there possibly be?" I asked already knowing what she was going to say.

"Love or at the every least the desire of love," she responded.

"And not just the type a person has towards their friends, but a love that goes beyond that."

"Umm ... hehe. I don't know about that Jorali. I mean, I don't think I love her that much-"

"Oh you think!" My sister interrupted.

"Ok let's see. You are always looking forward to going to her place even when we aren't going to work on the prosthetics, you are constantly talking about her. You have kept the sweater she let you borrow all those months ago when she first dropped you off. When you're around her your eyes sparkle and when you hear someone mention her you light up like a Christmas tree. Do I really need to make it more clear to you?" she said.

"Actually yes Jorali. Please explain to me more how I could have feelings like the ones you say I have towards Diana," I muttered rather annoyed at my sister.

"When was the last time you actually and truly liked a guy?" she asked.

At that moment I realized what apparently was so clear to her.

"Since I had that crush on that one guy in middle school." I said sheepishly.

"That was 10 years ago,"she stated 

"I don't know, I always thought that I was just to busy with my school work."

" Yeah and all those times you went to school sport games. You always said you went just to see the cheerleaders because you thought is they were cool?"

Finally I accepted defeat and took in the fact that I wasn't straight. But that left the question:what was I?

(Ok guys so I never do this because i dont like to but i have a question. What would you guys think of me putting in a lesbian smut into this story? If so what do guys think it should be? Nothing to serious as it is my first story but yeah. tell me what you think. Also sorry i took so long in finishing this chapter. It might take me a while to kept putting chapters out for the next week or two since i dont have my phone but once i get it back ill be able to work on this better and publish chapters faster. ;) thanks guys!)