Chapter Ten

(A/N: Not edited. Sorry this took ten days to update, I only really started writing it a few days ago. Please vote and comment, they help me update faster! :) )

With my music blasting from my laptop, I hit my pencil against my desk to the beat as I tried to figure out the value of x that was on the side of a 30-60-90 triangle. This Sunday hadn’t been the most eventful, since I woke around eleven a.m. I’d been trying to get all of my homework done I’d been assigned on Friday, because I’d barely had any time from the party to hanging out with Harry all day yesterday. I had finished our Spanish project an hour ago and had texted him it was finished and he’d texted me back saying thanks and that he wanted to pick me up before school tomorrow morning. I hadn’t texted him back yet because I had no idea what to say. What would I say to Ben? I needed to give Harry an actual chance and I needed more things to help me decide on whether to date him or not.

Biting my lip, I took my phone out and texted Ben saying that I didn’t need him to drive me to school tomorrow. Then I texted Harry and told him that that would work. A few minutes later I got two text messages at the same time. One from Ben saying a simple and curt: K. And the other from Harry saying: Good. I’ll be outside your house before 7 tomorrow.

I finished most of my geometry homework and put it away, then pushing away from my desk and turning off the music. I went downstairs to get some water when I saw Jordan’s door was cracked open. Frowning, I pushed the door open further to reveal his very messy room. Weird, I thought, Jordan never leaves his door open at all. I also wasn’t allowed inside ever, but Jordan was off visiting some old friends from high school and told me he wouldn’t be home until tonight. Hesitantly, I stepped into his room and looked around. Clothes were strewn all over the floor and empty soda cans were cluttered on some of his shelves. Wrinkling my nose with distaste, I ventured further into his room, opening some of the drawers. I knew I shouldn’t have gone in and after opening the last drawer, I regretted my actions. I smelled it before I saw it, and after moving one of his shirts away I gasped in surprise. Under the shirt was a bag filled with weed.

Quickly and quietly, I put the shirt back over it and left his room, leaving the door slightly ajar like it had been and went back to my room. Closing my door firmly behind me, I slid down against it till I sat on the floor. I chewed on my bottom lip for a while, wondering how I didn’t know before. But how could I have known? Jordan had always said he was against me doing drugs and drinking, so why would I ever suspect him of doing it if he was so against it? Anger slowly started to rise in me as I kept turning it over in my head. What a hypocrite! How could he tell me to stay away from it so fiercely and then go behind my back and do it himself?! I got up off the floor and started to pace, my fists clenched as I did so. Should I confront him? Or should I just keep it to myself. I’ll bring it up to him, and if he admits it to me, I don’t have to be angry with him, I told myself. I nodded to myself, somewhat happy with my plan.

            I spent the next hour trying to finish my geometry homework, but I couldn’t concentrate. It was a relief when Shelly texted me asking if I wanted to come over her house and hang out. She was also good at math so I told her yes if she’d help me with it. I took my bike to her Dad’s house; Lacey had dropped it off when I’d been out with Harry yesterday. Shelly’s parents were divorced and she switched staying with them every week.

            “Hey,” Shelly said after opening the door for me, smiling as she did so.

            I smiled back, stepping inside. “Hey, so are you sure you’re okay with helping me? And then we can actually hang out?”