Chapter Four

(A/N: I'm so sorry for not posting in a while. I know this isn't a popular story, but to those who are reading it I want to thank you :) I've been really busy with school but I've been writing little by little at this chapter and its not very good, but I still hope you enjoy it. I hope to post the next chapter up sooner than I did this one, but I can't make any promises sadly. Also, if those of you who are reading this could leave comments to let me know how I'm doing, that'd be great :) thank you!!!)

As I made my way to the library during free period on Friday, I swore someone was following me. Maybe I was being paranoid, but I had felt eyes on me since I started my way over to the library from my locker.

            It’s been a few days since Harry and I first worked on the Spanish project together, though we worked on it again the next day. It was a bit awkward at first since I hadn’t said yes to his dinner invitation, but after a while the awkwardness faded and I started getting that weird warm feeling again. I was just glad we didn’t have any arguments and he didn’t ask any more strange questions.

            Once I was in the library I quickly found a table near one of the hidden corners and sat down. I wasn’t the only one in the library doing work, since lots of people signed up for a free period, and the one at the end of the day was most common. Just as I was getting my books out to study, Aaron sauntered in. As soon as he saw me, he made a beeline for my table. I didn’t know how he spotted me; the table was mostly hidden from the main door.

            “You’re not easy to follow, did you know that?” Is the first thing Aaron said when he got to my table and sat down next to me. He had his usual blue beanie on, his lip ring was reflecting the ceilings lights, and he was grinning. Other than their smile, he and Harry could be twins with their style.

            “I knew someone was following me!” I said too loudly. One of the librarians halfway across the room turned to me and made an even louder shushing noise, making me blush with embarrassment.

            Aaron laughed quietly. “Well I needed to talk to you, and when I saw you at your locker I started walking towards you. But then a small crowd of people walk by and the next thing I know you’re already at the end of the hall about to go up the stairs! So I kind of half-ran after you, but damn you walk fast for someone so short,” he grinned at the last bit.

            I narrowed my eyes at him, but couldn’t help but smile. “There was once a time when I was taller than you, so don’t act like you were always this tall,” I said jokingly.

            He smiled back and said, “I know, I’m just playing. So, back to why I came after you in the first place. Are you and Lacey free tonight?”

            “Uh, I think so. Why?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

            “One of my friend’s parents are on vacation for two weeks and he’s throwing a party. You and Lacey should come.”

            “I don’t know… I don’t really go to those kinds of parties,” I told him, feeling a tad guilty for trying to say no.

            “I know it doesn’t seem like your kind of scene but… if you don’t come I don’t think Lacey would. I was hoping to ask her out on a date there, since we have no classes together there aren’t many opportunities. And I want to do it in person, you know?” He explained, sounding a little like he was pleading.

            “I… oh fine,” I caved. “If I can get Lacey to agree, we’ll be there. What’s the address?”

            Aaron grinned from ear to ear as he took out a piece of paper and scribbled the address on it before handing it to me. Then he held his fist out to me.