Chapter Seven

(A/N: Omg I'm so excited thank you guys so much! I got over 600 reads on Friday on this story, which might not seem like a lot but it is to me :D Okay, before the story, this hasn't been edited and I'm not sure if its a good chapter so please let me know how to is in the comments. Thanks!)

“You can’t tell anyone,” Harry said so seriously it made me nervous.

“I promise not to tell,” I tried to say just as seriously.

Taking a deep breath, Harry admitted, “I sing. That’s something I know you haven’t heard about me.”

It was really hard not to laugh, not because of his secret but that something as simple as that was as secret. I managed to not even smile and just ask, “You mean as a hobby?” I wasn’t sure why that’d be something I’d have to keep a secret.

He nodded, watching me closely.

“Why do I need to keep that a secret?” I asked, still confused.

He shrugged and said, “It’s just something I don’t like people knowing. What’s something you don’t like people knowing about you?”

“Like a hobby I don’t share a lot? I write poetry when I get inspired,” I told him.

“What do you get inspired by?”

“You,” I said without thinking. I gasped and clamped my hand over my mouth when I realized what I’d just said.

Harry smiled and his eyes dilated. He reached forward and took my hand away from my mouth, cradling it in his large hands while rubbing his thumb over the top.

My face was as red as a tomato and it felt like my throat was closing up as I panicked. “I-I shouldn’t have s-said that,” I stuttered out.

He grinned and leaned forward, asking, “Why not? Do I make you nervous?”

“Those are t-two different questions,” I protested, but didn’t pull my hand away. I want to also lean in and take in the warmth that emanates from him, but I want to run away at the same time. Instead of doing either, I stayed motionless.

“Would you care to answer at least one of them?” He challenged, raising an eyebrow.

I bit my lip, deciding which to answer. “I don’t want you to get your hopes up, is why I shouldn’t have said that,” I told him.

“And how would that happen?” He asked, his voice curious but his eyes had darkened.

I didn’t answer at first, unsure of whether to be honest or not. Finally I answered, “If I let the side that wants you, if I let it win like it just did for even a moment, then you might think that that’s all of me.”

Harry chuckled and said, “I know that’s not all of you yet, Acosta. But I should let you know, I do plan on having all of you.” Smirking, he brought my hand up to his lips to kiss it. Goosebumps raced across my arm when I felt his warm breath ghost across the skin of my hand before his soft lips pressed against it. After he left what felt like a burned imprint of his lips on my hand, he gently placed it back on the blanket.

Half of me wished he’d keep it in his hands, while the other side breathed a sigh of relief. I sat there frozen, staring at him like a deer in headlights, when suddenly my phone started vibrating in my pocket. When I checked it, it was Shelly calling, but I silenced it and put it back in my pocket.

“Why didn’t you answer it?” He asked, a trace of his smile still there.

“I’m talking with you, I’m not going to answer my phone. That would be rude,” I told him, frowning at the idea.