3

It's been a week since I got here and tomorrow starts my first day at my new school. Oh god.

It's already 1am and I'm lying awake unable to sleep. I tend to do that when I get anxious. I contemplate life's questions at this time.

I get up and decide to take a quick sleeping pill and finally settle down and sleep.

But I swear I slept for 2 seconds before my alarm went off telling me to get up.

"Your alarm has gone off 4 times already, hun. Get up pleaseee" Mei says throwing a pillow at me.

My eyes shoot open and I check the time.

"I KNEW IT." I say running out of the room and going to the bathroom.

"Knew what..?" Mei stands confused and obviously tired.

"I knew that if I took that sleeping pill I'd wake up late!"

"Then why did you take the pill?"

"Because I couldn't sleep!! AHH" I say aggravated as I put some makeup on. Mei left my room to get herself ready.

I rush to my room and get changed. "Hmm what to wear..."

"Oh forgot to mention! They have uniforms!" Mei yells from next door.

"What?!" Great just great. Uniforms. I've always hated uniforms. I don't like being put into the category of "you must wear a skirt because you are female" box.

"But don't worry!! I bought you the male uniform because I knew it would have pissed you off to wear the skirt!" Mei yells again.

"BLESS. THANK YOU." I yell back happily.

"It's in your closet!" She says.

I open my closet and put the uniform on. It fits nicely so I walk out of my room and grab an apple.

I'll just say this. I'm not against wearing skirts or anything. I actually like getting dressed up, but I hate the whole "you're a girl, you have to wear a skirt" uniform thing. I simply want to wear pants because I want to make a statement.

"Ready?" Mei says as she grabs her keys.

"Yup let's go."

-----
School wasn't far which was nice. I could walk there actually. I don't do a lot of walking so I hope I can lose some weight this way...

Mei drops me off after helping me navigate where the admissions office was and getting my schedule.

We say our goodbyes and I'm left staring at my schedule.

My anxiety is actually really high but when it's this high I become super calm on the outside when in actuality I'm screaming inside and could break down at any moment.

First period, I have English. "Fantastic. At least I know I won't fail that class." I say in my head.

Luckily, My class is close to where I was standing so it wasn't hard to find.

It's a kind of tradition to have new students wait outside to be offically  introduced to the class so I did as I was told.

It has my anxiety blasting through the roof. Waiting outside for a few minutes is agonizing.

My teacher finally motions for me to follow him as I walk into the class room to greet everyone.

"Hello. I'm Parker Lee. Please take good care of me."  I said bowing. I saw some of the students surprised by my Korean. I know the teacher had told them I'm from America already so I guess they thought I didn't know Korean.

Truth is I've been learning a lot of languages for a long time now. English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese and French. (Since I lived in France for a couple of months as one of my many "shipments")

The teacher instructs me to sit in the seat in the back and I do as I am told. I sit between a girl and a guy. The girl is eyeing my outfit, taking note of my pants, and I don't look at the boy because I feel like he is doing the same. Judging me.