18

The uncomfortable and awkward atmosphere causes me to break the silence.

"Ah! That's right, Junhee works at Fantagio and Sanha is a trainee there..." I say.

"Ah, yeah...He's my producer." Sanha says clearing his throat.

"Aha...Um, but why are joining us for dinner?" Junhee cautiously asks.

"I invited him." Mei perkily says. "Now are we gonna just stand here or are we gonna eat."

We all take our seats and start eating in silence.

Sanha next to me on one side of the table, across from me is Mei and across from Sanha is Junhee.

"So are you two..." Junhee trails off.

"Friends." Sanha answers quickly.

"Yeah we go to school together." I say.

"But they're close. They dropped honorifics, already." Mei interjects.

I give her a look.

"I see no one put drinks out, per usual. Sanha. Join me?" Junhee stands up and motions for Sanha to help him.

Mei and I are left in the room as we hear small whispers in the kitchen.

"So do you like Sanha??" Mei asks upfront.

My face gets red. "No!" I whisper. "It's not like that...we're just friends."

"Ah well I think he likes you." She says taking a bite of the vegetables.

Junhee and Sanha return with drinks and place them on the table.

Mei decides to be the mediator and makes small talk to all of us while dinner goes on.

Once dinner finishes, I offer to take the plates up and Sanha says he'll help.

We go to the kitchen to clean up and Sanha starts talking quietly first.

"When we said our relationship was gonna be a secret, you meant it right?" He asks worriedly.

"Yeah. Why?" I ask picking up a rag.

"Because we can't tell anyone. Not even the guys." He takes a sponge and a plate and cleans it.

"What's going on?" I ask confused.

"Fantagio's dating rule. I'm not allowed to date anyone...I forgot about it. If 'you-know-who' finds out, I'm dead meat." He says not looking at me. "As long as we don't say or do anything we should be okay..." He then gives me a reassuring smile.

Sanha continues to clean plates and then hands them to me to dry.

When we finish, Junhee and Mei walk into the kitchen.

"It was lovely having you for dinner, Sanha. Let's do it again another time." Mei smiles.

Sanha nods politely.

"I'll walk him out." I say looking at Sanha.

Sanha follows behind me as we walk to the door.

"Sorry if dinner was weird or awkward." I say.

"No, it was nice. I enjoy spending time with you, however it may be." Sanha smiles opening the door. "Anyway, I should get home. See you tomorrow hopefully?"

"See you tomorrow." I smile back and say as he leaves and I close the door.

-----

"What's with your finger?" Rocky asks at lunch the next day.

"Ah..I was chopping vegetables and cut it." Sanha says looking at his bandaid.

"I told him he should be careful." I mindlessly say as I take a bite of my rice.

"Were you there?" Rocky teases.

"No... just when he told me how he cut it earlier..."

"I'm teasing." Rocky chuckles. "Oh! Right! Sanha, did you ask her yet?"

Sanha's face goes red. "I hadn't gotten to it yet..."

"Ask me what??" I look at them confused.

"Sanha, if you aren't going to ask I will." Rocky judges him.

"Fine fine..someone from Fantagio wants to scout you after taking a peak at you and Rocky dancing the other day. So the question is, do you want to audition?" Sanha blushes slightly.

"Why are you blushing??" Rocky teases again.

"아 형!!" Sanha whines hiding his face.

I chuckle at how childish the are.

"So what do you say?" Rocky asks excitedly.

"Hm...I don't know.." I say shyly.

"You totally should! Imagine if we were all trainees signed to the same label. One day maybe we could be standing on the same stage, who knows." Rocky cheers.

"Sounds fun." I laugh. "I'll think about it."