New Friend

Adrian Price.

Today's the day. I'm finally going off to college! I think to myself as I try to shove my bag into the overhead.

Usually I would feel bad about taking so long to put  my bag in the overhead, but I'm the only one that's standing in the aisle so it's whatever.

Grumbling, I try so hard to fit my bag in the overhead compartment but for some reason it doesn't want to fit. "Shit, why isn't this fitting!'' I yell getting annoyed and frustrated.

"Do you need some help?" I hear from beside me which startles me a little. Looking over, I see a guy standing really close to me. Usually I would flip because he's all up in my bubble, and I'm type claustrophobic but since the sight I'm greeted with is not a bad one I'll let this one go and not freak.

"Yea, that would be great." I respond stepping back as much as I can to let him work his magic.

"See, the best thing to do is move other people's heavy ass shit, and shove all your crap in." He grunts before getting it to finally fit. Putting in his bag, he shuts the lid quickly so nothing falls out. Wiping off the imaginary dust from his hands, he steps into the row in front of me, and grabs the window seat.

"Thanks so much man, I owe you one." I say getting settled into my seat next to him.

" No problemo dude, it was nothing really. Just a little trick I learned over the years, the names Donye by the way." He introduces nudging me on the side.

"Nice to meet you, my name's Adrian." I say holding out my hand for him to shake.

"Cool name. So what brings you to California?" He asks pulling out some snacks.

"Uh, I got accepted to the school of arts in Cali. Soo here I am." I reply since that's basically it. "What about you?"

"Uuuuhhh. It's kinda a long story to be honest." He says avoiding eye contact.

"Well, luckly we have a three hour flight. If you don't mind, I'm willing to listen." I suggest.

"Well if you insist." He sighs throwing his hands up in defeat.

For the next forty-five minutes, Donye delves into the reason why he is also going to California.

When he started talking about his fiancé, he made him seem like the dream man. From the way he described his physical appearance he made him sound like he was a Greek god or something. He even talked about how they met, and how he was so caring and had a huge heart, and a huge dick, his words not mine.

But then he started talking about how he caught him cheating and I started to feel his pain, and I felt  bad for him. It seems like he really loves this guy, and him cheating, really hurt Donye.

"I just feel so fucking dumb because I was about to marry this man and instead of keeping his promise, he broke it and my trust, and my heart. I've been through so much crap in my life and I've been in so much fucking shit too. He told me he loved me, he told me he cared, but he lied. He lied to my face and he cheated and I can't go through with marrying him. He was there to pull me out of the gutter and insure me that I wouldn't have to go back to the dark place I was in for so long. He promised that he will always be there, for better or worse. " He sobs.

The way he's crying is so hard and so loud that he starts to draw attention. I try to calm him down but nothing is working.

People in other rows start to look over at us like we are crazy, and some even have a look of pity on their faces. One lady is even shaking her head like it's a damn shame.

He was got the baby on the plane crying too. It's so bad that one of the flight attendants come over to see what the commotion is.

"Uh, sir. Um are you okay?" The flight attendant asks, worry lacing his voice.

"He's um really upset about something right now. I think he just needs a minute." I answer, smiling in hopes that it reassures the flight attendant.

Looking over at Donye, I whisper in his ear to ask him if he wants to go to the bathroom and freshen up. When he stops crying he shakes his head yes.

"Uu-uh, y-yea. Um I think I need a minute to freshen up." He says looking up. Wiping his eyes, he stops when he notices the flight attendant staring at him.

Donyes peircing green eyes, and the flight attendants icy blue eyes clash and it creates a weird environment around me, that leave me cringing and uncomfortable.

Looking at the attendant, I notice the look in his eyes change from worry, to interest, to lust within a minute.

"I-I can take you in- I mean to the bathroom if you would like." He stutters, going bright red when he realizes how wrong that sounded.

"I'm sure he would love for you to take him in the bathroom." I mumble to myself hoping they didn't hear. They most likely didn't since they are in their own world of bliss.

"Sure that would be great, thank you...?"

"Noah, the name's Noah." He says holding out a hand.

When Donye stands, and grabs his hand I swing my legs out the way for him to get by.

"Try not to get too lonely waiting for me to get back." He whispers in my ear before leaving down the aisle.

Shuddering to myself, I decide that this would be a good time to catch up on some sleep.

Pulling out my phone, I open the music app where all my downloaded music goes. Plugging in my headphones, I play the latest album by this new band SUPERFRUIT.

When Bad 4 Us starts playing I get so excited. I love this song so much and play it like all the time. When Mitch starts singing, I lip sync along.

Play video now!

"I wanna give you my love
I wanna give you my love tonight
c'mon, c'mon
But I've been thinkin' it over
And I remember the last time
I don't need another heartbreak or a headache
Why can't I take you off my mind?
(You're my knight in shining armor)
With you I've never felt more alive
This love could be bad for us
Bad for us
Bad for us
But I want it
Bad for us
Bad for us
Dangerous
But you want it too
And I'm ready if you are
Bad for us
Bad for us
Bad for us
So tell me why, boy
(So tell me why)
Nobody can make me feel the way you do
I get so shy, boy
(I get so shy)
But when we get home, get down
I wanna just be bad for us"

By the time the song is over, I expected Donye to be back by now, but he's not. I would stay up and wait for him to come back so I can hear how it went, but I'm to tired.

Deciding to just wait till I wake up, I drift off to sleep with one thing on my mind.

I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA BITCHES!!

Hey guys. So I know it's been a while but guess what. I will be posting a teaser to my new book called... *Drum roll please*

SLEEPLESS NIGHTS!

Stay tuned for the preview.

-A.G