Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

We were currently sitting down in our hotel room all on our phones. Really sociable band, don’t you think?  Anyway, i was scrolling through twitter and facebook when i heard Lucy let out a small whimper. I immediately knew something was wrong. Lucy was not one to cry in public, not even in front of us, her best friends.  She usually preferred to block out what was causing her pain until she was alone, so for her to whimper in front of us it meant something big must have happened.

“Are you okay?” i asked her quietly. She just nodded her head and wouldn’t look me in the eyes.  

“No you’re not” I continued whispering. I didn’t want Maddy nor Caitlyn to find out, this was private. “Come with me” I added pulling her into my room.  Lucy just followed begrudgingly but i knew i could get her to tell me what was wrong.

“Okay, spill”

That was all the incentive Lucy needed to start crying and yet explain what happened at the same time.

“J-J-Josh is ch-ch-cheating on me” Lucy stammered still sobbing her eyes out.

“Wait. What? How do you know?” I asked surprised.  Josh was Lucy’s boyfriend of 2 years and was a total sweetheart.  He was known to bring her flowers and chocolates on every date they went on and they texted constantly.  I would have never pegged him as a cheater, he looked too innocent to be one.  But I guess looks can be deceiving.

“We were texting when he said he had to go. He said he had soccer practice.  So anyway, i thought we were done with the conversation when a few seconds later i received another text from him.” She said showing me the texts. The last text caught my attention.  It said:

Sorry hunny. I was just able to get my clingy girlfriend to stop texting me. Me having soccer practice? As if. Anyway, meet me at the motel at 8:00? I could use some alone time with you ;)

I gasped.  How could Josh do this to my bestfriend?  That bastard was going to pay as soon as we got back to LA! No one hurts my best friend!  But first i had more pressing matters to deal with. I had to find a way to cheer Lucy up.

“Aww, I’m sorry Luce.” I said while giving her a hug “But look on the bright side, you are one step closer to finding the guy that is right for you.”

“Yeah, hate to break it to you Alex, but that doesn’t cheer me up.” Luce replied in between sniffles.

“Maybe not, but i know what will” I smirk getting an idea on how to cheer my bestfriend up “Wipe your face and put some shoes on, we’re going out.”

Lucy tries to complain but i’m not listening. She needs to get her mind off Jake and i know exactly what will cheer her up.

***

I tell Maddy and Caity that i’m going out with Lucy and half an hour later Lucy and I are walking over to the closest ice cream shop.  Ice cream is the perfect medicine for broken hearts, it’s so creamy, nice and delicious. It’s impossible to be sad while eating ice cream. Once we get our ice cream Lucy and I are walking around town laughing and every once in a while shoving eachother, you know, having fun trying to distract Lucy from the situation with Josh.

We were almost done with our ice cream when Lucy decides to shove me a bit harder than usual and I end up crashing into the guy in front of me and i spill what was left of my ice cream on his shirt.

“OMG I’m so sorry!” I exclaim once i’m back on my feet “My friend Luce here decided it would be a good idea to shove me.”

“Haha It’s okay. No harm, no foul.” The guy responds. I look up and see someone I never thought I would see again.

“Ashton?” I question looking at the boy I bumped into.

“Alex? What are you doing here in Australia?”

“Wait! You guys know each other?” Luce questions.

“Yup” i respond to Lucy and explain how I met them when I went to the One Direction concert with my sister and how I decided to sit down by the bathrooms when it was One Direction’s turn to sing and I met Ash and his friends and we ended up having a Nerf War together.

“Wow. That was certainly an adventure!” Lucy sighs once I finish explaining how Ash and I met.

“And yes it’s me Ash. I’m here with my friends doing interviews and promoting some of our music.”

“You’re in a band? Why didn’t you tell us?” Ash asks, his eyes wide.

“Well we’ve only seen each other once before.” I say matter of factly. “What do you want me to just go up to you and say ‘Hey I’m in a band’? I’m sorry, but that’s just kinda weird and not something i would say.”

“Well what’s the bands name?” Ash asks, a small smirk forming in his lips.

“It’s called Gravity!” Luce interjects excitedly. She really loves telling people the band name. She thinks it sounds deep and meaningful when in reality we were just having fun when we decided on that name.

After talking to Ashton for a bit Lucy and I decide to head back to the hotel. The girls were probably worried about us and Ashton said he had to head over to a meeting with his management.  This time we did exchange numbers though, in case we needed someone to give us a tour around Sydney on a day we were both off, though I highly doubted I was ever going to call him.

When we finally reached our room I saw Maddy and Caity sitting in front of the TV, their eyes wide and unblinking as they rapidly moved their fingers on the video game controller.

“I should have known” I laugh shaking my head as i take a seat on the couch.  Those two girls played video games like there was no tomorrow.