Chapter 28

Jungkook's POV

             I headed to Taehyung, so he could explain what was going on. His face looked like he was literally contemplating his whole life. I walked over to him and gave him a pat on the back. I was trying to reassure him.

                   "What the hell happened here?" I asked looking at all of the bloodied guards. I was starting to get a bad feeling.

                  "We had a Mendoza problem. We got it under control, but we are going to have to add some more men to the guard staff," Taehyung said trying to stay calm.

              "Okay. Well, we need to get that problem gone not just under control, because I can't stress Jimin out. You know how he gets, and I can't have that. He is up in that house, and I can't loose him," I started to get teary eyed at this point.

               "I know. I remember post-Jimin days. They were terrible days for you, because it was like you had no humanity. I can't watch you go through that again, Taehyung said while pulling me into a hug. This was a real full on hug, not too cool to hug anyone hug.

           We started walking back to the mansion. I need to conduct a meeting between the members. I was not sure how Mendoza found out where I lived, maybe we had a mole. I could never be to safe, especially with a pregnant Jimin. I needed to keep him protected and calm.

             I would go back home, and I will have to let the few people I trusted with Jimin and my baby's lives. I needed people I trusted to protect Jimin, but he could not know that I was guarding him. I did not want to set panic through the whole organization. That would be terrible.

              We finally got back to the house, and I rushed to the library, where I had left Jimin.  He was not there and panic started to set in. I started running all over the place. The last place I looked was the bedroom, where I could hear dry heaving.

               I ran to the bathroom only to see Jimin bent over the toilet. I went and bent down next to him, so I could rub his back. I stayed exactly where I was in case Jimin needed something. I listened to Jimin dry heave for the next five minutes.

             "Sorry, I did not want you to ever see me throw up." Jimin said genuinely looking disgusted with himself.

              "Hey, Jimin, don't apologize. We are in this togther; you are not doing this by yourself. If you ever need anything, you ask me," I said being completely serious. I did not want Jimin thinking that he was alone in this.

              Jimin just nodded his head, and he got up. He said that he needed to brush his teeth, and he wanted to get right back to his book. Apparently, he was interrupted at the worst time ever. He went to the library to get his book, and he and I headed to the kitchen.

               I was getting hungry, and Jimin needed to start eating more. The man never ate much before, but he was not eating for two then. He is now. I set a plate with a sandwich on it, and I made one for myself. I sat next to Jimin on the bar stool.

In that moment, I realized that I truly was the luckiest man alive.