Part Five

"Cheryl!"

The voice came from behind as she made her way down the hall with her acts, Reggie and Bollie, after the show, that familiar voice sending shivers down her spine for some reason she couldn't quite explain. She spun around on her heal, her slicked back ponytail swishing but her lips curling into a beaming grin as the familiar figure made his way towards her with his arms open.

Liam continued making his way over, though as usual he had to play it cool even though he wanted to faint at how beautiful she was. With the sheer, crystal covered top tucked into the high-waisted, asymmetrical chrome-embroidered skirt she was wearing, the black and metallic grey stiletto sandals she was wearing – she looked like a goddess almost. He composed himself as he finally reached her, snaking his arms around her waist for a warm hug as she wrapped her own arms around his neck whilst stretching up on her toes.

"Damn I missed you," he softly kissed the side of her head before pulling away, "All good?"

"I'm great, babe," she squeezed his biceps, "And you? You alright – after that wobble you had on tour?" She gave a raised eyebrow; Liam knew she was referring to the night he'd called her a couple weeks earlier – drunk off his head, due to his now ex-girlfriend, Sophia Smith and the harsh way in which she dumped him whilst he had been on the road.

Looking back now, he was just glad Sophia was out of his life – the woman he always wanted was standing before him right now.

"I'm good, babe."

"Good," she slowly dragged her hands off his arms, sending his heart racing as he hesitantly removed his hands from her waist, "Did they do good then – these two? Aren't I crazy?"

"You are crazy," Liam winked before shaking hands with Reggie and Bollie, "Nah, you've got a pretty sick mentor, mind; it was amazing."

"Aw thanks mate; we hope we made you proud – both you and her." Bollie remarked, giving Cheryl a nudge whilst she simply smiled happily.

"We're both so blessed to have this one; she's a wonderful person," Reggie chimed in, "You've got a great friend in her, Liam."

Liam breathed out, his eyes flicking back to Cheryl's as he spoke again,

"I most certainly do."

He watched as the blush creeped up onto her cheeks as she broke eye contact, biting her lip a bit before clapping her hands together and suggesting the four of them take a picture together. As Reggie and Bollie stood on either side while Cheryl and Liam stood between them, Liam draped his arm around her waist whilst the photographer sweetly snapped a few pictures of them.

Liam glanced at Cheryl again as they let go, loving the sweet smile on her face and the way her eyes sparkled as she chatted away.

And he wondered if his presence had something to do with how happy she was this week – and if him being there is what made her the slightest bit happier, well, that was enough to make him happy too...

******

"Have you got everything?"

"Woman, if you ask me this one more time I'm going to tangle you up in the covers and you'll have to fight your way out again," Liam jokingly whined whilst she sat on the bed giggling to herself, "Nah, I have everything – I promise."

"Credit card?"

"Always got that."

"Cash?"

"I don't carry cash and you know that."