Part Six

"Liam son; I didn't know you had to leave already?"

Liam gave a small smile as he wandered through to the lounge, seeing Cheryl's father – Gary Tweedy – sat on the sofa with little Bear in his arms whilst his wife, Joanne, was sat beside him fussing over Bear as well. His own parents were sat on the sofa with Cheryl and enjoying a cup of tea as well, his sisters, Nicola and Ruth – and Ruth's husband Thomas – had arrived to enjoy the Sunday together as well, and truthfully, having all these people in the house to visit and for a Sunday dinner was only causing Liam to not want to leave at all. He hated this with a passion, and though he knew it had to be done and he'd be back home in a couple weeks, that thought still didn't make this any easier.

As if she picked up on his subdued nature and the way he simply responded to Cheryl's father with a solemn, "Trust me, I don't want to.", Cheryl stood up and made her way up to him, resting her hands on his biceps which made him smile a little more. He rested his hands on her hips, kissing her forehead before wrapping his arms around her more to hug her.

"It'll be okay." She whispered in his ear, to which Liam responded by squeezing her tighter, kissing her cheek before moving back a bit to kiss her lips.

"I know; it just sucks." He sighed out as he made his way over to shake Gary's hand and give Joanne a peck on the cheek. He felt Cheryl lace her fingers through his and suddenly found himself being pulled along to the kitchen, and he was grateful because he did want a moment alone with her.

"Babe, you've gotta give me a smile before you leave," she stroked her cheeks gently, "Believe me, with everyone showing up to visit, I did kind of forget you were leaving and I'm still not quite ready to say goodbye, but it's going to be okay."

"I hate this so much, honestly, Chez," he lifted her to sit on the counter so he was stood between her legs, "I want you to call me if I need to come back; I don't care – I will."

"Liam, I swear to God I won't be calling you to come back," she draped her arms around him, her nails scratching lightly at the back of his neck, "Two weeks is all – Father's Day will still be just as special and I'll make sure of it; it will be okay; and then you'll be home again and we'll be together – it'll fly by."

Liam sighed slightly, his eyes never leaving hers as he took in every word she was saying. He knew that she was right; the two weeks would fly by – especially after the initial day apart was over and done with as that was always the worst one for them both. Still, he knew that they'd still speak multiple times a day – every single day – and that no matter what, Cheryl was perfectly fine at home and was a hundred percent supportive of everything he was doing.

Everything would be okay...

"You got my back yeah?"

"I always got your back," she knocked her fist against his, "Me and little Bear both do. You work and earn a living for your family like the real man you are; I got everything under control here."

Liam stared at her for a few seconds, the brown orbs shining as they gazed back at him, before he suddenly pressed his lips to hers for the sweetest, most loving kiss. She scratched her nails against the back of his neck, their tongues twisting together as they instantly lost themselves in one of their bubbles of love that they always seemed to find themselves trapped in.

"Ahem – get a room, soppy sods."

Their kiss was interrupted by Garry Tweedy's voice, the couple looking over at Cheryl's younger brother as he stood in the doorway with a raised eyebrow. Liam jokingly pulled a scared face at him before laughing along with Cheryl, helping her down from the counter before the two of them returned to the living room; Garry still jokingly making retching noises as he followed them to the lounge.