IX. Don't Leave Me

CHAPTER 1X09

IX. Don't Leave Me

"Bellamy!" Clarissa called out, "I found a door!"

She watched him climb down the hill and walk to her. She didn't lose time, or waited for him to do it, she grabbed the metal and tried to open the door but it seemed stuck.

"Great."

"Watch out." Bellamy warned, and then hammered it, only after she stepped away.

Finally, both managed to open the door together.

Clarissa went down first, Bellamy insisting. He followed right after. She turned on one of the flashlights and handed it to him, staying with another one for her.

"You think it's untouched by the war?" Bellamy wondered.

"A girl can dream." She replied, looking around, "Let's keep going and see."

They kept walking by the place, climbing down more stairs. Bodies were laying down in the middle of the way, and Clarissa tried her best to look away. Not to imagine how much all those people had suffered.

"What a place to die." Bellamy sighed.

"This is... This is Horrible." She sniffed.

"All that's here is ruined."

"They must have distributed the supplies before exploding the last bombs."

A few boxes were by the walls and they separated to check them all out.

"Hey! Found some blankets!" She exclaimed, with a smile.

"That's what got you so excited?" Bellamy almost laughed at her happiness, something he didn't had the pleasure to see very often.

"Well, it's something, right?" Clary shrugged.

"What about a cantile, a medical kit or a decent tent?!" He shouted, "That would be something."

She sighed, she knew he was right. Then she heard a noise and an angry scream coming from Bellamy, so she pointed the flashlight in his direction.

"What is it?" She asked, curious while looking at the barrel on the ground.

Bellamy turned to look at her with a huge smile and a gun in his hands. A lot more were on the floor too. Clarissa caught herself smiling too at the view – and it wasn't just at the guns but at the sight of Bellamy Blake holding a gun in his hands while smiling at her, she never thought he could look hotter than the usual, but damn was she wrong.

. . .

"This changes everything." He warned, "We don't need to run anymore, Clary."

Clarissa kept eating some nuts while looking at the gun in her hand, admiring it.

"Ready to be a warrior, Sunshine?"

She looked at him, "I admit that this is very good, yes. But –."

"No. No buts." He rolled his eyes, "You can't always be so uptight."

"Bellamy, we need to think this through. Charlotte killed Wells without one, Murphy set up a searching party for her with no guns. It can get worse with them."

"I know but this is good for us. We need this now, Clarissa." Bellamy told her and she just sighed at his words, "Well you need to learn how to use one."