XVI. Warriors

CHAPTER 1X16

XVI. Warriors

"Sunshine..." Clarissa sat up alarmed. A hand was placed on her shoulder, "It's just me."

She looked to her right, still holding the blanket against her body, and saw Bellamy. She sighed relieved, a smile opening on her face. He was still as naked as was she.

"We should go back, right?" She wondered, not that she wanted to leave any time soon but people were counting on them, "Things are about to get crazy."

"We'll figure something out, Clary." Bellamy tranquilized her.

They both got dressed in silent, it wasn't like they had to talk about what happened the previous night. It was pretty clear. They liked each other, end of story. No need to make a big deal out of it, and both agreed on that.

Clarissa was the one walking ahead to the camp. Bellamy held her back, before she could cross the wall, which forced her to face him. He got closer, and kissed her.

"Tonight, my tent?"

Bellamy was surprised by her audacity but nodded right away, "Sure."

. . .

Hours. Clarissa had been carrying things from one side to the other for hours now. It was more of a distraction than an actual job. She needed to keep her mind off things.

"Hey, how are you?" Finn asked, stopping her on her way to the dropship.

"As fine as it gets." Clary shrugged, "Despite having a war to get ready to."

He didn't let her go, "You should take a break, Clary."

"And you should talk to Clarke."

"Don't turn it on me, pretty girl." Finn replied.

"I'm just trying to keep myself busy." Clarissa confessed.

"And why is that?" He asked, the curiosity taking the best of him.

Clarissa rolled her eyes, tired of all the questions, "Maybe I am just terrified of dying, Finn."

He was used to her sarcasm, after all they were best friends. She had been the first person to not blame him for the deaths on the first second they landed. So Finn just giggled and walked away from Clary, letting her get back to work.

Clarissa massaged her own neck when she placed the box down on the dropship table, trying to relieve the tension. She heard the wind get into the dropship, warning someone had got in.

"Clary?" Bellamy's voice called from behind her.

"Yes," She turned around, "is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine, for now." He walked over to her, his eyes wondering over her, "I just wanted to make sure you were doing ok."

"I'm fine." Clarissa told him, and she wasn't lying – it didn't matter how bad things were, she was ok as long as she was with him, "What about you?"

"I'm ok."

Bellamy took the risk, he leaned over. She was ok with him kissing her, she actually wanted it. So her hands went to his shoulders in anticipation. But before Bellamy's lips could touch hers, Clarke Griffin bursted through the dropship.

They pulled away from each other, right away.

"Um, I'm sorry... I just... I just wanted to talk to you, Clary. But I can come back later, I will –."