Prologue

3RD PERSON POV

Flashback~

A little girl was running through the flames of a burning house desperately looking for her parents and her younger brother but, no hope. The little girl got out of the burning building and when she did she watched as the fire consumed the burning building along with her family still trapped inside. This little girl is (Y/n), who lost everything on that one single night. After the fire, (Y/n) walked through the wintry streets as the snowflakes got heavier. (Y/n) shivered from the cold and she tried to rub the sides of her arms to try and warm herself but it was no good, (Y/n) became tired, cold and hungry.

"I've had enough..."

(Y/n) mumbled as she walks into an ally and sits on top of a bin. She curls up into a ball and she sat there for a while the snow continues to lie on top of her covering some parts of her body. Just then a tall man and a boy around (Y/n)'s age were walking through the streets until the boy spotted (Y/n).

"Boss look!!"

The tall man looked at (Y/n) and then they both rushed over to her. The tall man puts his long jacket over (Y/n)'s shivering body and kneels down to her height.

"Hey, are you all right? what happened? where are your parents?"

(Y/n) looked at the tall man with a tired look in her eyes.

"M-my family...are dead...A-all of them...th-they're gone..."

The tall man's eyes widen in shock and the young boy looked at the tall man and he gripped tightly on his jumper.

"Boss, she looks really cold, we better take her back with us before she freezes to death."

"Yeah I know, come on little girl, you're coming back with us."

The tall man picked up (Y/n) in his arms and before (Y/n) fell asleep she told him her name.

"(Y-Y/N)"

"Huh?"

"That's my name, (Y/n).."

The tall man smiled at (Y/n) and he rubbed her back gently.

"Well then, (Y/n), I'm Yamamoto but you can call me Boss and the young lad here is Sota, for now, get some sleep."

(Y/n) couldn't respond as she closes her eyes and she falls asleep in Yamamoto's arms.

ONE YEAR LATER...

"Where are they?!"

"They went this way!!"

(Y/n) and Yamamoto ran and ran through the forest as the police looked for them. Yamamoto and (Y/n) hid behind a broken tree and he looked at (Y/n).

"Boss, what do we do now? we can't hide here forever."

Yamamoto looks at (Y/n) and he knew what had to be done. Yamamoto grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and they both ran again. Once they were far away from the police they ended up at the local church. Yamamoto opened the door and he looked around and it was all quiet. He pulled (Y/n) next to him and he then makes her crouch down behind a bench.

"Boss?"

"Listen (Y/n), you can't stay with us nor with me anymore."

"What?! no! you can't leave me! you're my family!"

"I know, but, you can't stay with me it's too dangerous but, I know that someday we'll meet again, here, keep these safe."

Yamamoto places some dog tags that he personally made for (Y/n) which has two of her favourite anime characters and a traditional dragon as well. Yamamoto places the dog tags around (Y/n)'s neck and he ruffled her head one last time.