Is It Over Or Is It The Beginning?

READER'S POV

While Reiji is working on a potion to stop Cordelia from taking over Yui's body where he's trying to find a way to get rid of her permanently. The rest of the brothers and I were in the living room waiting for Reiji to finish off the potion. I looked at Yui and her face was getting paler and paler by the second which means that it'll be either Yui or Cordelia who will survive.

"Are you worried, Doll-chan?"

Laito asks me while I looked over at Yui while having my back resting against the wall while having my arms folded.

"Worried? not a chance, I'm just wondering if either Cordelia or Yui will make it out alive."

"Is that so? for a moment there I thought you would've had a heart by now."

"Hmpf, as if, like I said, I don't give a rat's ass what happens to her but, now isn't the time for that, I've been beating the crap out of Yui since we were kids I'll right now she's fighting against Cordelia."

Laito smirked at me and he looked at my injury from earlier which is now bandaged up.

"Does still hurt?"

I rubbed it a little and I smirked at Laito.

"A little but, it's not as bad as it was before."

"That's good to know."

Just then we heard Yui moaning in pain. We looked over at Yui and she had a bit of a pained look on her face while Ayato was kneeling beside her calling for her.

"Oy, open your eyes!"

"Which one are you talking about? your mother or Yui?"

I asked while Ayato glared at me.

"Who the hell do you think?! can't you for once care about your sister!"

I looked away without a care in the world but, somewhere deep within my heart I'm kinda worried about Yui and wondered if she was going to be all right. Subaru continued to stare at me and I looked at him.

"What's on your mind Subaru?"

"Nothing, it's just, I'm surprised to learn that your Aiko's reincarnation."

"To be honest, it was a bit of a shock for me as well, but, what was she like when she was still alive?"

Subaru thought for a moment until Shu spoke up.

"Aiko was known as the demon princess when she was still alive, for an obvious reason, she's just like you except she wasn't a sadist, Aiko was calmer and she was smart as well."

"Was she a strong fighter?"

"She was but, she gave that up after she had her child, Ayame."

When Shu mentioned about Aiko's child, I remembered seeing Ayame as a baby and Aiko seemed to love her dearly. I looked back at Shu and I asked him.

"When Aiko died, what happened to Ayame?"

The brothers looked away sadly and then Subaru spoke up.

"Ayame died along with her Mother because the people who killed her believed that she might have had some demon blood running through her veins as well."

I was shocked at this and I wondered why some people feared about Ayame, Aiko and I having demon blood running through our veins, what was there to fear?

"But, why go that far? why are some people afraid of someone like me having demon blood? what is about the demon blood that frightens them? is it because they think that we have some special abilities or something?"