Tea With Reiji

READER'S POV

It was the weekend and I was wearing (F/c) T-shirt, (F/c) sleeveless hoodie, ripped (F/c) jeans and my knee-length combat boots. I was in the rose garden picking a few roses. I trimmed off another rose from its stem and I stared at it for a moment and I then remembered what the others said to me from before.

FLASHBACK...

Laito: "You're special to us, (Y/n)-chan."

Shu: "You and your sister are special to us so we won't kill you."

FLASHBACK ENDS...

'So far Shu and Laito said that Yui and I are special to them, why do they keep saying that? is it because of our blood or is it because of something else?'

I thought to myself as I twirled the rose in between my fingers when I thought about this. Just then a familiar voice spoke up.

"Hello (Y/n)-sama."

I looked up and Kanato was standing next to me with Teddy in his arms. I smiled at Kanato.

"Hello, Kanato."

"What are you up to?"

"I'm just trimming a few roses."

"Why?"

"Because I'm gonna place some of these in my room, to be honest, I'm a little bit tired of staring at my guns collection, it kinda depresses my mood a bit so I figured I should do something to cheer it up a bit."

Kanato smiled at that idea and he knelt down next to me.

"Do you mind making a bouquet? there's somewhere I'd like to take you."

"OK."

After I made a bouquet of roses for Kanato, I followed after him and we arrived at a graveyard. I was surprised that he would take to a place like this.

"Kanato, what are we doing here?"

"Graves are so creepy, dark and full of the smell of death, I think they're great, don't you? I love graves. They're so cold and quiet and indifferent to terror."

The way Kanato described the graves just now nearly creeped me out but, when he mentioned the smell of death, I smirked at this. We then stopped at a certain grave. Kanato spoke up as he looked at the gravestone.

"My Mother lies here."

"Your Mother passed away?"

"I killed her."

I looked at Kanato surprised.

"You what?"

"Would you believe that? although it hardly matters, right, Teddy?"

I was still surprised when Kanato said that he killed her but, I knew he must have had a reason for doing this. I walked over to the gravestone and I gently placed the bouquet of roses on the grave. I looked at the name of the gravestone and it said ' Cordelia'.

"Cordelia..?"

I mumbled her name and I felt Kanato's stare on me. I looked at him and I spoke up.

"Uh, sorry! I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, (Y/n)-sama, I don't mind you being curious but, aren't you scared of this place or of me? because I did say that I killed her."

I stood up and I looked back at Kanato.

"I'm not afraid Kanato, in fact, the smell of death doesn't bother me in the slightest seeing as how I killed a few people in the past but, when you mentioned that you killed her..."