Cellar Door

“No! Leave me alone!” I felt myself jolt awake. “Shhh, Snake, its okay, it was just a dream” My best friend and housemate Jordan started calming me down. “It starts today!” I cried out. “They take people today. Innocent people! What if they come here?” I cried into my knees. “They wont come here, that’s why we moved that many times, okay” he rubbed my back. “You promise” I wiped my eyes on my sleeve of the hoodie I was wearing.

          “Is everything alright?” My other housemate Micki, known as Mouse, comes in. “I heard screaming” my last house mate Katherine, Kat, stands in the doorway. “I thought one of the Game Makers came in” Kat slumped against the wall. “It’s all fine. Everything’s going to be just…” Jordan gets interrupted by a very large banging on the front door.

          “Go down in the cellar now, don’t get out or open the door unless it’s me, is it clear?” he kept his voice hushed as we all nod. “Come on” Mouse led the way, me behind. We quickly opened the cellar door and practically hopped down the steps and hid in the darkness, just bellow the little window.

          “Don’t be scared, we just want to talk to you” a female voice talked as someone continuously banged on the door. “Oh bother” we hear her voice get closer.

          “Do you think they’ll…?” “Shhh, be quiet” Mouse nudged me in the rib cage. “Ow” I pouted a little.

          “I think I found something” We hear just above us. I clasped my hands around my mouth as I felt myself to be tremble. “Come on out, we’re not going to hurt you” her voice got even closure.

          “That’s it, I’m barging in” we hear the front door slam open. “Over there!” A man yells. “Jordan!” I yelped, getting up as Kat yanked me back down. “Shhh, it’s okay, everything’s going to be alright. Jordan’s capable of taking care of himself.” Kat silently whispered in my ear.

          “Where are the rest!” a man yells from above. “I’ll never tell you” Jordan spits out as we heard a loud smack noise, causing me to wince silently. “Just please tell us where they are deary” the woman said kindly. How can she be so cheerful on helping people lead 4 young adults to their deaths? That was when I heard the cellar door cave in, as a huge boom sound lingered into the room.

          I opened my eyes as Kat and Mouse were both on the floor, bleeding briefly as two men and a woman began to approach us.

          “What do you want from us” My voice shook. And that was the last thing I remember before blacking out.

<The Picture is of Jordan>