Chapter 2: Fun on a Bun

The thing about my group of misfit friends was that we all had one thing in common. We were just the broken teenagers of our society. Although the fact is, you are not born broken. The experiences that you take in throughout your life, is what tears you apart. With that being said, once you mentally break, you either grow to be repaired in succession, or you die being torn. Therefore never filling your true ambitions in life.

Everyone longs for something. My best friend Jeralyn longs to be loved. And we loved her. But, although her friends loved her, I guess she wanted love from her parents. Or from society. The thing is, she wants love, but she shuts people out. People describe her as a heartless nobody. Another thing that she has compiled, is that she is a troublemaker. Out of all of us, she is the one who broke the most. She may want love, but who would loved a broken creature like her? I was always fond of Jeralyn though. Even for a fact that she would shut people out, she was fierce. She never lets anyone push her, and it intrigues me to always see that she is fiercely loyal to her friends, and doesn't take bullshit from anyone. So when she tells me that we were going to crash a party, I knew we were in trouble.

Me, Jeralyn and Scotch left the hospital around seven-thirty pm. Before leaving, we had aroused a deep argument on whether or not to leave Freddy and his group alone. It was a fierce debate that I did not feel a part of. Scotch sided with Jeralyn, and Fillip went along with Justin. He didn't want to cause anymore trouble, and insisted that we all just tell the principal. But Jeralyn back talked her opponent and stated that the principal merely does nothing and just puts the students in trouble in detention. In the end, Jeralyn ignored the fact that Justin was practically crying for her to let it go, so she left. And with nothing left to lose, me and Scotch followed her out. Fillip, keeping Justin company.

Scotch drove, while Jeralyn called shotgun. In the whole process, they talked about how the night was going to turn out and outline what supplies they had to buy, and so on.

"Tonight is the night where Justin will be given justice." She exclaimed optimistically. Scotch chuckled under his breath. I placed a hand on my head, closing my eyes and exhaling. I hated her being so shallow.

As we reached downtown, we headed into the convenience store and stalked inside to buy our supplies. Jeralyn had some pocket money on her bag, while me and Scotch combined our money to buy our stuff. I turned to my left, as I paid for some junk food and saw through the window, Scotch leaning against his car. Smoking a cigarette. With his other hand, he was throwing a rock up and down into his palm. I looked to him.

I always admired the way he was the quiet type. He rarely spoke, unless he needed to. He wasn't shy, but there was really no reason to speak. It always had me wondering, that perhaps a boy with the quietest mind, had the darkest secrets to be told. Scotch was never the type who would smile, but he was the one with the challenging poker face.

I grabbed my supplies of junk food and headed out. The breeze blew very little into my long black hair, and pushed some strands into my face. As I walked towards the car door, Scotch turns around and faces me. I smile to him, looking into his quiet evergreen eyes. Then he puts out his hand, containing a pack of cigarettes. I nodded and took one out of the packet. I took the cigarette, placed it into my mouth, my lips holding them in place, as Scotch lights up the lighter, putting the fire into my cigar. Normally I wouldn't be smoking, because smoking actually ruins your singing vocal chords. But I wasn't singing anytime soon. Probably never again. It was a breezy spring night, and I wanted to stay warm.

“Sorry by the way.” Scotch suddenly says. I narrow my eyes at him, staring into the small of his cheekbone. I sucked in a drag of my cigar before blowing it out.

“Sorry for what?” I asked.

“For dragging you with me to get Jeralyn. I know you hate her ideas of destruction.” He says quietly in his deep voice.