Chapter 11: Deep Conversations, Deep Water

My head pounds with excruciating pain. It feels like gallons of blood is rushing into my brain. My eyes flutter slowly, and at first it's blurry. I can't quite see where I am. When I try to open my eyes, it feels like my eye lashes are peeling off from the bottom of my eye bags. When I finally manage to open them, my headache continues to throb. I put a hand on top of my head, and look at the ceiling. 

The blankets that I'm under, do not smell like fresh sheets. They are crumpled and the scent is a light smell of cologne. It smells familiar. I clear my throat a little and try to get up. But as soon as I lift myself from the bed, I get dragged back down by gravity. My head burns with heat and pumping blood. I shut my eyes tightly again, and use one hand to get up by support, and the other placed on top of my throbbing cranium. 

As soon as I successfully get up from the bed, I wonder. What happened last night? Did Jeralyn sleep outside? Why am I the only one here? I can't remember anything what we did. I squint again as my headache comes back. The cologne smell comes back to my nose, as I bring my head to my chest to hold in my headache. That's when I realize.

I was wearing my clothes from last night. Smells like bon fire. What the hell? I turn my head and Scotch's bag was beside the bed. My eyes widen with shock, as my voice threatens to screech, my heart pumping fast. Did I sleep here? Then suddenly, the door slightly opens. 

I purse my lips when I see his face, and my eyes widen with my heart still pumping like a bass drum. "Good morning," he tells me as he hands me a glass of water. My eyes are still wide, and i'm sure at this point he's noticed that I am so weird. He laughs under his smile.

"Can you please explain to me, why my clothes are undone, and why I was sleeping in your bedroom?" I ask while I hesitantly drink my glass of water. My throat feels dry as I try and speak. Almost cutting off my sentence. 

He chuckles. "You were drunk last night." Then, his hands brush along my long straight black hair. 

"I wasn't drunk. I don't drink." I snapped back at him kindly. I look to him, confused.

"Apparently, that's coming from the girl who drank at least six bottles of beer last night." He laughs and takes my glass of water, and puts in on the counter table.

Then I suddenly remember something. I was drinking last night, and I sparked a conversation with Scotch. Then I asked him something making him uncomfortable. After the conversation, I think I had a little to drink, and I ended up vomiting on the ground. But that happened after I became suspicious about something that he was trying to hide from me? Am I correct?

"You didn't make it to the bathroom, until you ended up vomiting all over the place. Then you passed out on the sand. So I took you to my room." He smiles to me, as he moves away, and sits at the other bed across from me. 

I felt a bit scared. He smiles at me. "Where are the others?"

"Well, Justin is already up, surprisingly not having such a bad hangover. Unlike you." He laughs at his own comment. I give him the annoyed fuck you look. "And Fillip and Jeralyn are sleeping in each others arms outside." My eyes suddenly open wide. What we're they doing last night? I can't remember. Damn it. Now I'm convinced that I got drunk last night. 

"Did you mean they slept together? As, sleep together butt naked?" I ask him. My eyes are wide open and eager to know the details. He laughs. 

"What? Oh my God, no!" He continues laughing, and I exhale my breath that I was holding it. "They we're so drunk last night, that we're making out obliviously, and they ended falling asleep in each others arms. Nothing to do with sex." He laughs again, and gets up. Then, out of the blue, he wraps his hand around my upper arm. He looks straight at me in the eye, and tries to pull me up.